Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - mouseboy33 - 21-05-2024

No its not you. Geeez I thought it was just me. I hesitated commenting about him. The thing is, I actually like him. Im trying to be nice....Um but if there is breaking news. He can be unbearable to watch. I want to scream "spit it out man". Every. single. word. is. punctuated. by. a. paused. and. a. halt. Its hard to listen to. Its like he cant seem to a string a sentence together. And then he starts the "whisper talking" toward the end of each sentence. It drives me crazy. SkyNews is breaking news, but he is simply not good at vamping or not reading off a teleprompter. (I guess thats the difference between being a newsANCHOR and a newsREADER)

But the thing is i feel he CAN be a great presenter. Ive seen some interviews he done with a particularly slippery politician and he was good. I have a love/hate thing with Kamali. I want to like him and he lets me down everytime he gets to a breaking story. LOL.

RE: Sky News - Gibsy - 21-05-2024

I agree, I want to be in a position to like him too

RE: Sky News - Luc - 21-05-2024

(21-05-2024, 02:52 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Is it just me but I find Kamali Melbourne really difficult to watch. He doesn’t seem to be in control half of the time and I have no confidence watching him.

Yep, I thought it was just me too! Looks really uncomfortable and ill-at-ease in a way i'm sure he didn't before. Maybe it's the ever changing pace of the afternoon slot. I still think Kay and Anna B remain comfortably the best on the channel at just naturally filling time and going from item to item to interview, which just explains their longevity

RE: Sky News - TheJarv - 22-05-2024

This is powerful stuff on SKY News contrasting the evidence from the ex Post Office chief executive and the sub postmasters gathered to watch

RE: Sky News - Transmission - 22-05-2024

(22-05-2024, 11:11 AM)TheJarv Wrote:  This is powerful stuff on SKY News contrasting the evidence from the ex Post Office chief executive and the sub postmasters gathered to watch

Yep, Sky getting a lot of plaudits for its use of split-screen to show the sub-postmasters' reactions in real time.

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 22-05-2024

(21-05-2024, 05:09 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  No its not you. Geeez I thought it was just me. I hesitated commenting about him. The thing is, I actually like him. Im trying to be nice....Um but if there is breaking news. He can be unbearable to watch. I want to scream "spit it out man". Every. single. word. is. punctuated. by. a. paused. and. a. halt. Its hard to listen to. Its like he cant seem to a string a sentence together. And then he starts the "whisper talking" toward the end of each sentence. It drives me crazy. SkyNews is breaking news, but he is simply not good at vamping or not reading off a teleprompter. (I guess thats the difference between being a newsANCHOR and a newsREADER)

But the thing is i feel he CAN be a great presenter. Ive seen some interviews he done with a particularly slippery politician and he was good. I have a love/hate thing with Kamali. I want to like him and he lets me down everytime he gets to a breaking story. LOL.

I agree. He does have the potential to be great, but so far gives an air of anxiety and uncertainty, which isn't comfortable to watch. I always felt he needed more time in less prominent slots to find his rhythm and bed in. A slot like Gareth's, where he has less air time, and perhaps pressure and can bounce off a more experienced co-presenter. Though, he has been there a few years, and I would have expected him to get better. I almost feel like he'd be better in a less formal slot, like what Matt Barbett's Sunday morning one was/is intended to be.

RE: Sky News - TMD_24 - 22-05-2024

https://x.com/SophyRidgeSky/status/1793301880736465186 

Sophy Ridge about to come on air early, most likely at 5pm.

RE: Sky News - London Lite - 23-05-2024

Midnight news from the Glass Box rather than the newsroom studio.

RE: Sky News - bigdanm89 - 23-05-2024

How many sets do Sky News have now ? Is it 3 ?

RE: Sky News - PJamo - 23-05-2024

(23-05-2024, 10:43 AM)bigdanm89 Wrote:  How many sets do Sky News have now ? Is it 3 ?

Depends how you count Westminster I suppose.

Glass box (studio 21)
3 screens (studio 6)
Westminster screens
Westminster newsroom

So 3 or 4?