Pres Café
UEFA Euro 2024 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: UEFA Euro 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Andrew - 16-06-2024

Looks like the BBC are in a temporary building/structure that has been built just for the tournament, ITV are in an existing building at the side

Interesting that ITV have two studios, even though the outdoor one isn’t really outside, it’s just got a fully open window

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Steve in Pudsey - 16-06-2024

Is there a stage of the tournament when there are two matches on at the same time? It seems strange for both the BBC and ITV to have two separate presentation areas if not.

In the BBC case I genuinely thought it was all VR and they changed the graphics at half time just to show off.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Jon - 16-06-2024

(16-06-2024, 10:30 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Is there a stage of the tournament when there are two matches on at the same time? It seems strange for both the BBC and ITV to have two separate presentation areas if not.
Presumably the BBCs set up will allow them to do both games. But it won’t be why. It’s becuase sometimes in rains and sometimes in nice. I can’t imagine the cost of this particular extra is that much in the grand scheme of things. Of course you could argue over whether they need to be in Germany at all.

There’s a long tradition of having this type of set up for major championships, the BBC’s France 1998 set was the same.

It does seem odd to go back to this, particularly in European based championships for an England match, after all such matches would have been presented on site for the last two. Although it’s inline with what the BBC did at the last World Cup in Germany although I think they were presenting from the stadium for Englands later games. I think that was World Cup where ITV where based at the grounds for every match but apparently forgot to book a studio for the final. And Gabby Logan was suddenly demoted to number 3 presenter on ITV and the former BBC everything but football man (unless you class reading some scores on a Saturday) became number 1.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Johnr - 16-06-2024

Do the rival channels ever mention each other in terms of upcoming games?

The commentary tonight on the BBC suggested tuning in for Romania vs Ukraine tomorrow afternoon then at 10:40pm for MOTD but made no reference to the fact ITV are showing 2 matches tomorrow!

(16-06-2024, 10:48 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Do the rival channels ever mention each other in terms of upcoming games?

The commentary tonight on the BBC suggested tuning in for Romania vs Ukraine tomorrow afternoon then at 10:40pm for MOTD but made no reference to the fact ITV are showing 2 matches tomorrow!
Usually in a jokey way or in passing as Lineker did at the last World Cup.

I think there is a long expectation among viewers if it’s not on the one channel, it’ll be on the other.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Ste - 16-06-2024

Some screengrabs from BeIN Sports French coverage (shown in France and Middle East):

Some screengrabs of the Arabic coverage (in the studio in Doha, although some matches use a studio in the stadium or pitchside position).

Finally some screengrabs of the English language coverage.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - fusionlad - 16-06-2024

The studio in the 2nd and 3rd grabs looks absolutely awful

I’m not sure Bein Sports are known for classy presentation. Which is funny because their former sister news channel are.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Andrew - 16-06-2024

(16-06-2024, 10:48 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Do the rival channels ever mention each other in terms of upcoming games?

No, and it always sounds daft when they say the likes of “Lots of football across the BBC tomorrow, France vs Spain is on BBC One from 4pm, you can listen to England vs Germany on Radio Five Live and we will have highlights at 10:40” as if that’s the only way to see the second match

As it’s now less BBC vs ITV and more Traditional Linear Broadcasters vs Pay TV & Streamers, I think it’s time to directly mention the other channel

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Rdd - 16-06-2024

I don’t know if they will ever do that unless they are contractually obliged to, what incentive do they have?

I think we’ve noted before about in US sports broadcasting - and in the NFL in particular - that happens, where competing broadcasters cross promote each other, but I presume that’s a contractual obligation.