Pres Café
Sky News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sky News (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: Sky News - news junkie - 23-05-2024

(23-05-2024, 12:44 PM)PJamo Wrote:  Depends how you count Westminster I suppose.

Glass box (studio 21)
3 screens (studio 6)
Westminster screens
Westminster newsroom

So 3 or 4?

Plus city and newsroom? so 5 or 6?

RE: Sky News - Neon Pig - 23-05-2024

(23-05-2024, 12:51 PM)news junkie Wrote:  Plus city and newsroom? so 5 or 6?

Aren't there two city studios? Tom Cheshire was just presenting a piece from the Hub Studio in the main newsroom. Haven't seen studio 6 since Yalta's The World relocated to Millbank. Do they still use the VR set? It seems a bit redundant now - perhaps they should just merge it with the rest of studio 6 and create something resembling the set they'll be using for the election.

RE: Sky News - Skygeek - 28-05-2024

(27-05-2024, 02:09 PM)Neon Pig Wrote:  It will be interesting to see who they get to be the US election coverage team. Last time Adam Bolton was the main anchor for it.

It was actually Dermot Murnaghan last time round - for the U.S. as well as the UK.

RE: Sky News - Affogato - 28-05-2024

As with the BBC News thread, we've moved recent general election-specific posts in the Sky News thread across to the General Election thread.

If you wish to discuss General Election coverage, please do so in the dedicated thread here: https://pres.cafe/showthread.php?tid=650 

This should help address any possible confusion about where to post general election-based discussion.

RE: Sky News - matthieu1221 - 31-05-2024

The newly launched weekend edition of the Politics Hub is really just as good as the weekday editions. I was expecting a lighter show but it's also from Millbank, features a panel, has the explainer in the virtual studio, and has high profile guests (or as high profile as you the parties are probably dispatching on a Friday evening). Ali Fortescue is an excellent choice too.

RE: Sky News - fusionlad - 31-05-2024

Really enjoying the current evening output on Sky News.

To think it wasn't that long ago that it was the same news every 15 minutes.

RE: Sky News - leewilliams - 31-05-2024

Talking of evening output, just wanted to say what an exceptional job James Matthews did filling for an eternity on Sky last night waiting for the Trump verdict - absolutely enormous knowledge, didn’t hear him stutter or stumble once in about 90 minutes.

RE: Sky News - TVenthusiasm - 07-06-2024

Sky News just had a ad problem - Gillian Joseph was introducing the sport news and then more ads played out. Here in Ireland about 3 ads played out before going blank for a brief period. The feed returned during the weather forecast.

RE: Sky News - Daveuk - 09-06-2024

Not sure if I’m just being over sensitive but the coverage of the search for Michael Mosley seems to have been getting very close to the line of intrusive and critical of the search.

Comments such as…

All we saw is one search and rescue team
Only one helicopter searching
Despite the mayor saying they are doing all they can, he admitted that a heat camera had not arrived.
It was a camera man that found the body, not the rescue team.

Close up on the body being stretchered out
Close up on his belongings being taken by the search team
Close up of his body being moved from one boat to another.

As I say might just be me, just didn’t sit right while watching today.

RE: Sky News - thomalex - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 05:16 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Not sure if I’m just being over sensitive but the coverage of the search for Michael Mosley seems to have been getting very close to the line of intrusive and critical of the search.

Comments such as…

All we saw is one search and rescue team
Only one helicopter searching
Despite the mayor saying they are doing all they can, he admitted that a heat camera had not arrived.
It was a camera man that found the body, not the rescue team.

Close up on the body being stretchered out
Close up on his belongings being taken by the search team
Close up of his body being moved from one boat to another.

As I say might just be me, just didn’t sit right while watching today.

Must admit I had a similar thought about the coverage of this, this was Times Radio I was listening to but there was a comment along on the lines of "I saw the body and it's started to decompose which is not a nice sight see". Did we need to know that?

I think reporters are all together in their bubble on a single story and pushing each other for more information all the time. Really they need to take a step back and reflect. He's been found now and there's little more to this story to be covered other than it being a tragedy and remembering the man and his work in a dignified manner.