Pres Café
UEFA Euro 2024 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: UEFA Euro 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - TastyCrow - 22-06-2024

(22-06-2024, 05:39 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  I think we just had the first major directing error of the championship.
Portugal's second goal, a totally unexpected horror own goal, was almost missed by the director, who had switched to close-ups of the Portugal players berating their attack breaking up. Don't blame the director, but a bit unfortunate.

That always seems to happen with that sort of thing, there was one in the FA Cup last season which I think was missed as well. Obviously you can never see something like that coming.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - eyeTV - 23-06-2024

(22-06-2024, 08:17 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Haven't seen it spelt it out so clearly, but here's the full pick breakdown for the knockout stages. Advantage ITV one would say.

https://twitter.com/Nick_Metcalfe/status/1804591697235530102?t=3ixQodiWFuJNJg5zt-2SIg&s=19 

ITV with more games in the round of 16, 5 vs BBC's 3. I didn't realise until seeing that they will have fewer games in the group stage than BBC.

Seems ITV putting greater significance to the early knockout games.

Is it unusual for there not to be an equal split of games in the round of 16?

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 23-06-2024

Unusual but might be a BBC tactic rather than ITV opting to take an extra pick considering the round of 16 clashes with Glastonbury and the beginning of Wimbledon.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Newshound47 - 23-06-2024

Someone should have told the Daily Mail that. Their wall chart says the BBC have first pick of Round of 16 and the QF.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - RhysJR - 23-06-2024

Feels like there's a big hole not having any 17:00 or 14:00 game today.

I wonder why the final groups are 1-1-2-2, preferring 17:00 kick-offs on Tuesday and Wednesday over a weekend day? I would suggest player welfare, but they never usually care about that.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 23-06-2024

They seem to have a minimum 4 day turnaround so as Spain and Italy played Thursday that holds off Group B till tomorrow.

Similarly the Quarter Finals used to be over four nights rather than two days but that changed last tournament with the semi finals bought forward a day to ensure a four day turnaround before the final. Of course three day turnarounds quite common for Premier League teams, especially if playing in Europe, and indeed for international fixtures in the UEFA matchweeks.

The BBC's secondary match coverage is coming from the outdoor studio in Berlin. Hope it doesn't rain.

There was medical incident on the pitch in the Scotland v. Hungary match. Thankfully the Hungary player has been able to be stretchered off, but no further information as of yet.

The match direction was far better than it was in the Chritian Eriksen incident at the last EUROs. There was only on brief replay, and that was mainly because of a related VAR check. It felt like the footage was far less intrusive, keeping mainly to the long range main match camera, before moving to the beatuy shot from the corner of the stadium.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - News Engineer - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 09:37 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  There was medical incident on the pitch in the Scotland v. Hungary match. Thankfully the Hungary player has been able to be stretchered off, but no further information as of yet.

The match direction was far better than it was in the Chritian Eriksen incident at the last EUROs. There was only on brief replay, and that was mainly because of a related VAR check. It felt like the footage was far less intrusive, keeping mainly to the long range main match camera, before moving to the beatuy shot from the corner of the stadium.
Would be interested to know if that was the BBC being cautious and going to the stadium beauty shot (I suspect it was), because of what was shown during the Eriksen incident, until it became clear it was ‘safe’ to go back to the main match feed.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - steve - 23-06-2024

I thought the direction in the immediate aftermath wasn’t great - it was left on the close up when he was clearly convulsing a good few seconds too long. Suspect showing the replay also prompted the BBC to switch to the stadium beauty cam wide shot, I’d have been nervous of what they were showing on the world feed too.