Pres Café
UEFA Euro 2024 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: UEFA Euro 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - TIGHazard - 23-06-2024

iPlayer giving a 'content not working' message on the network commentary version. Bunch of others I'm chatting with online saying the same thing.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Transmission - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 09:40 PM)News Engineer Wrote:  Would be interested to know if that was the BBC being cautious and going to the stadium beauty shot (I suspect it was), because of what was shown during the Eriksen incident, until it became clear it was ‘safe’ to go back to the main match feed.

I suspect the same, particularly as Steve Wilson was referring to pictures he was seeing on his monitor. That beauty shot is available to all broadcasters.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the other UK sports broadcasters were the same as the one I'm particularly familiar with, where after the Eriksen incident there was a lot of work done to firm up procedures around cutting away from potentially sensitive pictures, including when dealing with world feeds.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 09:47 PM)steve Wrote:  I thought the direction in the immediate aftermath wasn’t great - it was left on the close up when he was clearly convulsing a good few seconds too long. Suspect showing the replay also prompted the BBC to switch to the stadium beauty cam wide shot, I’d have been nervous of what they were showing on the world feed too.

Not sure if they're permitted to leave the match feed - usually broadcasters have to stick with it unless play is officially suspended.

These are split second live decisions by the director and I think they handled it pretty well - capturing enough to set the scene without lingering when it became clear what the scene was.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Johnr - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 09:40 PM)News Engineer Wrote:  Would be interested to know if that was the BBC being cautious and going to the stadium beauty shot (I suspect it was), because of what was shown during the Eriksen incident, until it became clear it was ‘safe’ to go back to the main match feed.

Gaby has just confirmed it was the BBC decision to go to the wide shot and they were 'as surprised as you' the replay was shown

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - RhysJR - 23-06-2024

Sounds like that was exactly what happened according to Gabby post-match. She says the BBC were surprised UEFA showed a replay and they cut to the wide shot straight after that.

There was talk that they couldn't do that in the aftermath of the Eriksen incident, but I think the BBC did right to avoid anything like that being shown again.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - RhysJR - 23-06-2024

A view of the two BBC studios at the Brandenberg Gate. This confirms the BBC outdoor studio is directly on top of the BBC indoor studio. Not sure who is on air camera left to Gabby et al.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/RhysJR/BBC%20iPlayer%20-%20Watch%20BBC%20Two%20Wales%20live%20-%20Google%20Chrome%202024-06-23%2022-12-33.mp4 

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - News Engineer - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 09:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not sure if they're permitted to leave the match feed - usually broadcasters have to stick with it unless play is officially suspended.

These are split second live decisions by the director and I think they handled it pretty well - capturing enough to set the scene without lingering when it became clear what the scene was.
It was a world away from what the world feed put out during the Eriksen situation, but a director in this country would never have taken the shot of Varga on the floor clearly in distress, and if for some reason they had, they’d have been off it much quicker. They wouldn’t have cut in the replay either.

As for leaving the match feed - if that is the policy, in that situation I suspect UEFA would understand why the Beeb (or indeed ITV) had gone to the stadium beauty shot. Especially because they could argue broadcast regulations, in effect, require them to if certain shots are going to be part of the world feed.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 23-06-2024

Have to wonder in the absense of replays nowadays now we can almost all do our own how many viewers rewound to try and find out for themselves what had happened.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - thegeek - 23-06-2024

(22-06-2024, 08:17 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Who is the host broadcasting company? I tried looking, and the closest I could find to an answer was UEFA themselves.

For the past few tournaments it's been HBS, and I know they still have some involvement, but I think it may be more peripheral this year. UEFA have been commissioning more of their own stuff recently so it could well be them in overall charge.

OB facilities are coming from all over - I've got friends workingon the host feed in an EMG UK truck at one of the venues.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - eyeTV - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 10:16 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  A view of the two BBC studios at the Brandenberg Gate. This confirms the BBC outdoor studio is directly on top of the BBC indoor studio. Not sure who is on air camera left to Gabby et al.

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/RhysJR/BBC%20iPlayer%20-%20Watch%20BBC%20Two%20Wales%20live%20-%20Google%20Chrome%202024-06-23%2022-12-33.mp4 

Perhaps that's ITV's indoor studio in darkness on the other side next to the BBC indoor studio as it has a straight on view of the Brandeburg Gate?