Pres Café
UEFA Euro 2024 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: UEFA Euro 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 23-06-2024

The ITV studio is in a building to the side - the BBC studio can be seen behind Pougatch when they're both on air.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - eyeTV - 23-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 11:30 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The ITV studio is in a building to the side - the BBC studio can be seen behind Pougatch when they're both on air.

I'm talking about ITV's 2nd indoor studio not the balcony one.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - News Engineer - 24-06-2024

(23-06-2024, 11:25 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Perhaps that's ITV's indoor studio in darkness on the other side next to the BBC indoor studio as it has a straight on view of the Brandeburg Gate?
From what I’ve been told, it is.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - RhysJR - 24-06-2024

Surprised that the late BBC News did show the incident in their match report, though thankfully it was confirmed by then that Barnabás Varga was concious and stable. That type of news would usually trigger the okay for replays etc.

The ITV highlights did show the incident, then quickly skipped to show the wide shot with the support and shielding around the player, then him being stretchered off (so less than 30 seconds total). No replays from them. The update was relayed in the pitchside analysis segment from Seb Hutchinson and Ally McCoist.
Not sure what would happened if there was no news by the time the show went out. The ITV highlights shows were cancelled on the evinings of the Eriksen incident and with Fabrice Muamba in the FA Cup a decade or so ago, but those matches were abandonned, so a different situation.

(23-06-2024, 10:48 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Have to wonder in the absense of replays nowadays now we can almost all do our own how many viewers rewound to try and find out for themselves what had happened.

I have to admit I did do that as I was focused on the other match at that moment. Not much could be seen from that as it was on the main camera. The match is not up on iPlayer yet so I wonder if they are considering editing that (Switzerland v. Germany is up).

If I remember correctly, following the Eriksen incident, the rewind/fast forward feature on the BBC One feed on iPlayer was suspended for a few hours afterwards.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Steve in Pudsey - 24-06-2024

The broadcasters have a whole bunch of iso feeds at their disposal so presumably there is some expectation that they might want to cut away from the main mix at times?

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - lookoutwales - 24-06-2024

They stuck with the UEFA feed of the Varga incident on the overnight repeat - but the replay that led to the BBC cutting to a wide shot was edited out.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - mcrdev - 24-06-2024

(24-06-2024, 08:44 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The broadcasters have a whole bunch of iso feeds at their disposal so presumably there is some expectation that they might want to cut away from the main mix at times?

The purpose of those feeds is for replays and analysis to support the RHB's surrounding presentation - not for use during the match itself.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - lookoutwales - 24-06-2024

8.4 million average for Scotland v Hungary last night - peaking at 10 million.

3.4 million streams on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2024/scotlands-dramatic-euro-2024-exit-10-million-viewers-bbc-one 

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - TIGHazard - 24-06-2024

(24-06-2024, 10:03 AM)mcrdev Wrote:  The purpose of those feeds is for replays and analysis to support the RHB's surrounding presentation - not for use during the match itself.

I'm sure there was a similar discussion during the last World Cup about the ISO feeds. I can't remember if it was on here or another site though. But supposedly China was using the ISO shots of players and managers on the sidelines to reduce the amount of shots of the crowds on the match feed (as they were still pursuing their zero covid lockdown strategy at the time). The feed was also delayed to add it in because it was behind the iPlayer feed according to the reporter who showed the footage.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 24-06-2024

(24-06-2024, 09:44 AM)lookoutwales Wrote:  They stuck with the UEFA feed of the Varga incident on the overnight repeat - but the replay that led to the BBC cutting to a wide shot was edited out.

I think thats the right choice. Far better to show what happened then send people down a wormhole of speculation looking for answers elsewhere.