Pres Café
UEFA Euro 2024 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: UEFA Euro 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - RhysJR - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 07:16 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  And BBC2 had arguably one of the best games of the tournament so far.

ITV4's simulcasting ITV1's extended build-up (with all its focus on Southgate and co sniping with ex-players turned pundits) - presumably apart from comms they'll maintain the same Pres. Pougatch moving to the centre of their desk, too.

Have they even bothered to use their ground floor studio since their second game of the tournament?

Can't remember seeing it, so I don't think they have. Unlike the BBC's outdoor studio it does have a roof, so i guess they can present there in almost any weather. It also had the advantage of having a different view compared to the other studios (there's and the BBC's), so aesthetically you can see why they have religously used the Bundestag dome background rather than the Gate background.

I'm not sure what I think of ITV's effort on the secondary games. I appreciate the BBC Two coverage in recent days, but I'm not sure if that is fully value for money, so I can sympathise why ITV's coverage is second rate on the second games. ANyway, it's less of an issue this tournament with the majority of final round matches on BBC not ITV.

ITV News at Ten to get record ratings as everyone who watched the football fell asleep and left their TVs on.

Absoultely dire in both matches, the BBC lucked out today.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 09:58 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  ITV News at Ten to get record ratings as everyone who wwatched the football fell asleep and left their TVs on.

Absoultely dire in both matches, the BBC lucked out today.

This tournament is so boring it's making the election campaign look thrilling.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - dvboy - 25-06-2024

ITV confirmed they will be showing England's last-16 match on Sunday, coverage starting at 3pm (a whole 2 hours before kick-off), presumably because they have first pick.

I take it the picks for the other matches won't be made until the group stage is complete, are there any rules about a particular broadcaster having both matches the same day or same part of the draw?

(25-06-2024, 10:03 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  This tournament is so boring it's making the election campaign look thrilling.

Ed Davey and Gareth Southgate job swap for the sake of the nation please.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the tournament is boring - there have been plenty of high moments, though there has been a drop off after the opening round of fixtures. But sadly for a UK audience, England and Scotland have been two of the most boring and uncreative teams in the competition.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Andrew - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 10:14 PM)dvboy Wrote:  ITV confirmed they will be showing England's last-16 match on Sunday, coverage starting at 3pm (a whole 2 hours before kick-off), presumably because they have first pick.

I take it the picks for the other matches won't be made until the group stage is complete, are there any rules about a particular broadcaster having both matches the same day or same part of the draw?

He said a start time of 3:30 for Sunday

No there isn’t a rule, and ITV have 5/8 picks so there will be at least one day they have both matches

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 25-06-2024

Don't the early knock-out games shift to 4pm kick-offs?

It's quite common for one broadcaster to take both games on the same day - indeed in recent times probably is the more common arrangement.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Jon - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 10:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Don't the early knock-out games shift to 4pm kick-offs?
No they’re 5pm kick offs. Would have been quite easy for you to check that.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - dvboy - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 10:25 PM)Andrew Wrote:  He said a start time of 3:30 for Sunday

No there isn’t a rule, and ITV have 5/8 picks so there will be at least one day they have both matches

I misheard then and 15:30 is what's already in the schedule (vs BBC One's 16:30 presumably scheduled knowing if they ended up with this match it wouldn't involve England)

Imagine they might want to take three of the weekend matches and then the 5pm kick-offs to avoid being up against potential late night thrillers at Wimbledon? Whereas the later matches on Monday and Tuesday would benefit the BBC schedulers as they can just extend the tennis earlier in the day.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 25-06-2024

(25-06-2024, 10:29 PM)Jon Wrote:  No they’re 5pm kick offs. Would have been quite easy for you to check that.
Ah, but it was quicker for you to correct me. Wink

Thats a tight turnaround nowadays should any early games go to penalties, especially given broadcasters now like a longer build up.