Pres Café
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - Toby brown - 29-11-2023

She might as well stay in Australia until the end now as the families are starting to fly in to Brisbane ahead of the evictions starting

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - Milkshake - 29-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 01:07 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Yes, but no reason to not try to examine why it hasn't gained much attention this year. This is how shows begin their often long journeys to cancellation.

However until we get proper details about ITV X broadcast, it will be unclear how many viewers it actually has.

There was no show in 2020 or 2021 and last year was because it went back to down under, that why it jumped up not because of anyone.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - tellyblues - 30-11-2023

(29-11-2023, 01:07 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Yes, but no reason to not try to examine why it hasn't gained much attention this year. This is how shows begin their often long journeys to cancellation.

No doubt because most of the talk has been about Farage, he'll be seen as the reason for the temporary decline and it's a problem easily solvable because he won't be there next year, as opposed to the permanent issue of the producers deliberately signing up controversial figures for the show in order to create headlines.

That Farage isn't the first contestant nor even the first politician to be used for that purpose and the outcome becomes as tame and ineffective as a Noel gunging ever was won't be lost on viewers. As soon as people start to piece together how a show "works", the magic is lost.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - Andrew - 30-11-2023

The media has basically decided 100% that any drop in viewers is due to Farage, and nobody will have anything said that doesn’t support that theory

Personally I don’t think that is the case, Twitter isn’t representative of the general public, we see that regularly. In reality there will be various elements particularly the fact that last year was unusually strong and that this year is the first year for ages that has no particular one off hook.

I bet they won’t be going down the politician route again any time soon which will at least put a stop to that nonsense where the media suggests any politician that has fallen from grace is a dead cert to be on the next series.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - JMT1985 - 30-11-2023

For me, this year's I'm A Celebrity is utterly boring - so called "celebrities" who I have never heard of, in fact only three people I know in this year's show - Nigel Farage, Marvin Humes and Frank Dettori.

Some have said Strictly's line up for 2023 was bad, and the released 2024 Dancing on Ice line is dreadful - I'm A Celebrity follows the same path. A bunch of people who I don't care about, and so I don't tune in, and this is the main reason why viewers are leaving the show.

ITV need to get their cash out, and bring in much better "celebrities" for these shows. Doesn't ITV rake in over a billion pounds in revenue each year - use some of that on better quality and well known celebrities.

It seems after being on air since 2002, no decent celebrity wants to go on there, no matter how high a fee their agent can arrange with ITV.

(29-11-2023, 07:25 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  However until we get proper details about ITV X broadcast, it will be unclear how many viewers it actually has.

There was no show in 2020 or 2021 and last year was because it went back to down under, that why it jumped up not because of anyone.

Hang on, sorry if I am reading this right, correct me if I am wrong, I'm A Celebrity was on air in 2020 and 2021

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - eyeTV - 30-11-2023

It's not necessarily about much better 'Celebrities'.

I'm A Celeb has a history of using little-known celebs or those whose status has faded. Its not about big names, more about the mix of personalities. But for me, I wish they'd stop with the politicians.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - Brekkie - 30-11-2023

I think deliberately casting controversial celebrities just isn't what I'm a Celeb is about - unlike Big Brother conflict has never been a centrepiece of the show so baffling they think it'll bring in viewers. The show has always been much more about camaraderie than conflict and celebs vs the trials rather than each other.

Casting is probably as much luck as it is judgement - sometimes they just click with the public, other times they don't. I just think production wise if the cast doesn't work I'm a Celeb has less tricks up it's sleeve to get past that than Big Brother historically has.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - Keith - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 02:40 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  But for me, I wish they'd stop with the politicians.
Given the likelihood of a Spring 2024 general election I suspect there may be quite a few former politicians keen to reinvent themselves via the next series of Strictly or I'm a Celeb.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - ckck1704 - 30-11-2023

Maybe a civilian version of the show would freshen things up, or at least having the late arrivals as non celebrities.

RE: I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023 - JAS84 - 30-11-2023

So it'd be called I'm Not A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here?