Pres Café
UEFA Euro 2024 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: UEFA Euro 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Andrew - 14-06-2024

The opening ceremony is being shown now on ITV1

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - scottishtv - 14-06-2024

(14-06-2024, 07:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Ally McCoist always brings coverage to life anyway but those couple of minutes amongst it giving viewers a taste of the atmosphere far better than four men talking football for 90 minutes in an empty studio in an empty square.
I'm glad there was a one-hour BBC Reporting Scotland special from Munich earlier, was far more atmospheric than the ITV1 coverage before the actual match.

I note some criticism directed at the STV social media accounts over not having separate build-up. Of course, very hard for a small company like them to do well though.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - thegeek - 14-06-2024

ITV are in the Akademie der Künste, where the BBC were in 2006; and the BBC studio will inevitably be visible in the background of some of their shots.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - harshy - 14-06-2024

The official scoreboard design is dire it’s just awful and ugly.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - bkman1990 - 14-06-2024

RTÉ, as usual, are using Studio 5 in Dublin for their coverage of the Euros this evening.

They did use the official UEFA titles for the Euros. It didn't look that great while I watched it on RTÉ2 HD on Saorview for the 1st time.

The titles looked a bit blocky in places.

There is a full RTÉ Sport logo sitting beside the official UEFA match scoreboard graphic for the Euros in the top left of the screen.

The remainder of the match graphics look OK. There is a lot of royal blue & white everywhere in them. Although some of them do look a bit washed out in places. I see that a player from Scotland got a red card during the match; it doesn't appear very well when it appears on the official UEFA scoreboard graphic on the screen. The size of the red card is way too small. The tone of the colour red looks quite dull.

Some of the match preview graphics when they show the kick off times for the matches and the team sheets for them also look washed out & dull in places. The use of the blue & purple graphics maybe the fault in allowing them to be that way.

It an OK effort from UEFA's point of view. Although as these graphics are not made viewers who own 4K TVs in their homes; It could have been a much nicer experience if they were made for that equipment. I give them a 3 out of 5 for the effort alone.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Rdd - 14-06-2024

I don’t mind the graphics, they look like they’ve leaned heavily on existing UEFA templates. Nothing special though.

As for ITV, well they’re tied with Stranger Things season 3 for the “Most unexpected appearance of the ‘Theme from the NeverEnding Story’” award.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - bkman1990 - 14-06-2024

I have read a post on Boards.ie that UEFA Euro 2024 is not been shown on Saorsat in The Republic of Ireland. It apparently due to rights grounds.

Also the ITV studio setup for the Euros looks quite nice. Is it located near the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin?

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 14-06-2024

Yes - guessing that is where the media centre is as the BBC are also near by.

So this is Mark Pougatch's 5th major tournament leading the ITV team having joined in 2016 - certainly the longest in the lead role since Brian Moore. Indeed they had a different lead host for every World Cup from 1986 through to 2010 - not sure if in that period anyone other than Des Lynam managed two Euros.

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - shropshireguy28 - 14-06-2024

I wonder where they will be in 2026 for the world cup. Times Square maybe?

RE: UEFA Euro 2024 - Brekkie - 14-06-2024

I think with the tournament being so spread out and across three countries it might make sense to stay in the UK, certainly through the groups stage (which is 72 matches next time around), but as the final is in New York I'd imagine that will be where the main broadcaster centre will be set up.