Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - matthieu1221 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 08:08 PM)Moz Wrote:  And Martine isn’t leaving! Yay!

https://twitter.com/martinebbc/status/1631345454314135571?s=46&t=mfiNv7LHFzRSkMX5ZuaVlQ 

Can we infer that she is one of the presenter-correspondants?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Newsroom - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 08:37 PM)Chud Wrote:  
(02-03-2023, 08:29 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Do we know that the new look will definitely be introduced in April? All Martine said (very pleasantly surprised she's staying BTW) was that a designer is working on it. I have to wonder whether perhaps it might be held back until studio E is eventually refurbished.
I think that was the guess as there would be a soft launch when the channels become one.
Or a staggered abundance of soft launches. 

March 6th - Limbo

April - Some sort of one vision channel

News Rebrand - Reach for the stars

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Alf Stewart - 02-03-2023

Awesome news. They'd have been bonkers to lose Martine. No-one handles a rogue camera better.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Radio_man - 02-03-2023

I don't envy the management's task in choosing the remaining presenter-reporters for the channel. The majority of the presenters who are left are all worthy of places on the channel - as well as the established names (like Martine Croxall, Anita McVeigh, Shaun Lay, Karin Giannone, Sally Bundock) there's also younger talent that should be given a chance as well (Rich Preston, Lewis Vaughan Jones, Ben Boulos, Ben Thompson to name a few)

It's not an easy choice on who to keep and who to let go.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 08:54 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(02-03-2023, 08:08 PM)Moz Wrote:  And Martine isn’t leaving! Yay!
Can we infer that she is one of the presenter-correspondants?
Could also be part of the UK breaking news/opt team, which would certainly be a good thing given her outspoken nature on the potential for the UK audience to be underserved. Though, of course, some have speculated that there might be overlap between the presenter-reporters and the UK team.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Moz - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 09:17 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(02-03-2023, 08:54 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Can we infer that she is one of the presenter-correspondants?
Could also be part of the UK breaking news/opt team, which would certainly be a good thing given her outspoken nature on the potential for the UK audience to be underserved. Though, of course, some have speculated that there might be overlap between the presenter-reporters and the UK team.

I really doubt there will be a team just for UK breaking news. They’ll just use reporters who are already in the newsroom working on other stories and divert them to deal with any breaking news - with some being able to present.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Rolling News - 02-03-2023

Absolutely over the moon Martine is staying!

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - News76 - 02-03-2023

I'm beginning to wonder whether April 3rd launch becomes May 1st launch instead if things aren't ready in time.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - AJB39 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 11:08 PM)News76 Wrote:  I'm beginning to wonder whether April 3rd launch becomes May 1st launch instead if things aren't ready in time.

We have been told that not everything that will change will happen on day one and the launch of the new channel will be incremental.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ViridianFan - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 08:29 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(02-03-2023, 08:18 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This is great news for us fans of Martine.

However it's a little concerning that a designer is working on something so important at less than a month to go!

One wonders what the late and great Mr. Lambie-Nairn would make of this mess. It's been a complete shambles for years!

Do we know that the new look will definitely be introduced in April? All Martine said (very pleasantly surprised she's staying BTW) was that a designer is working on it. I have to wonder whether perhaps it might be held back until studio E is eventually refurbished.
I thought E was being mothballed after the transition period or has that changed now?