Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - harshy - 05-03-2023

Well we will get essentially the weekend output but on weekdays too, maybe if we are lucky a blue coloured studio E thanks to World Business Report which would be quite something!

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Rolling News - 05-03-2023

I wonder what the daytime presenter shifts will be. Up until Friday it was 9-11, 11-1, 1-2, 2-5 and 5-6 (using same presenter as 1-2).

I can’t see them separating the 5 o’clock hour anymore. Maybe something like 9-11, 11-1, 1-4 and 4-7, similar to what I think World do, with of course the ‘News Channel’ showing the One and Six.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Kojak - 05-03-2023

Apologies if this has already been asked - but will the One O'Clock News presenter continue to stay on through til 2, or will we get World after 1.30?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bbctvtechop - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 09:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 09:14 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  I think you're a bit confused about what's happening tomorrow. 
All that's happening is the joint daytime output is from E (apart from the 1pm hour when World moves to C), evenings (7 - 10pm), overnights (2 - 5am) & World early mornings (5 - 9am) from C.
World & the NC have been joint all weekend, there's nothing to "change over" and no "new system" is starting tomorrow.
Other than there'll be no way the BBC can provide UK specific Breaking News for the month. Technically impossible by all accounts .
Not sure anyine has said its technically impossible. Just that (presumably) there is no shift dedicated to it in either the editorial or technical side until the launch in April. 

I assume this is because all resources are being put into piloting the new channel and making physical changes to studios.

However I'm 100% confident that should a situation warrant it, some way will be found to opt the UK feed out of the World feed.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Newsroom - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 10:47 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 09:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Other than there'll be no way the BBC can provide UK specific Breaking News for the month. Technically impossible by all accounts .
Not sure anyine has said its technically impossible. Just that (presumably) there is no shift dedicated to it in either the editorial or technical side until the launch in April. 

I assume this is because all resources are being put into piloting the new channel and making physical changes to studios.

However I'm 100% confident that should a situation warrant it, some way will be found to opt the UK feed out of the World feed.
Am only relaying what's been reported online.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - sigma421 - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 10:47 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 09:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Other than there'll be no way the BBC can provide UK specific Breaking News for the month. Technically impossible by all accounts .

Or they’ll just decide that World can take more U.K. focused news over the next month.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bbctvtechop - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 11:06 PM)sigma421 Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 10:47 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Not sure anyine has said its technically impossible. Just that (presumably) there is no shift dedicated to it in either the editorial or technical side until the launch in April. 

Or they’ll just decide that World can take more U.K. focused news over the next month.
Maybe. Will depend what exactly the news is.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ginnyfan - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 11:06 PM)sigma421 Wrote:  
(05-03-2023, 10:47 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Not sure anyine has said its technically impossible. Just that (presumably) there is no shift dedicated to it in either the editorial or technical side until the launch in April. 

I think we can take it. We'll survive! Big Grin

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Radio_man - 06-03-2023

Well over the next month, there's going to be the Partygate enquiry and Boris Johnson giving evidence to it in Parliament, as well as the daily drip of Matt Hancock WhatsApp messages, and no doubt Rishi Sunak attempting to deflect attention from all of it by launching things like his 'stop the boats' strategy.
Plus there's the UK Budget mid-month.

All big UK political stories, but of little relevance to global audiences.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - chrisherald - 06-03-2023

I feel like it's easier to judge the timing of a traditional scrolling news ticker (meaning to look away for a time, when you're awaiting a specific item to come back round). The flipper feels like an anxious thing. Frankly one does occasionally wonder, is it stuck or will it flip round (not that it's ever been stuck, but as with the robot cameras, one still wonders, will today be the day?). It's also just nice to be able to look up at a monitor/window and see a constantly moving on-screen item in a consistent region of the screen (feed not frozen).