Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - damian - 06-03-2023

I hope they drop the ‘in the uk and around the world’ intros soon they’re quite annoying

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ALV - 06-03-2023

No DOG on WN:
[Image: c8b0da72add5fa73fb57df916065bdb2.png]
WBR has been re-implementing headline lower-thirds in the intro sequence:
[Image: 28d9d865bfb909ace3f116be4cf364f4-png.jpg]
Red light box but there are new blue graphics on the curved panel in front of the desk:
[Image: 57bc31a588dbb7b06fe8d83a93b6b78b-png.jpg]

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 06-03-2023

Lightboxes have now switched to blue mid-interview.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Kojak - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 12:01 PM)ALV Wrote:  Lucy Hockings presenting the 11AM bulletin:
That's her usual shift. I wouldn't be surprised if we generally see the World presenters as normal for much of this month (barring rehearsals for the new channel).

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - oscillon - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 12:36 PM)DTV Wrote:  Lightboxes have now switched to blue mid-interview.
Must have been a glitch then. Nice to see the business branding present on the NC at long last.

(06-03-2023, 12:47 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(06-03-2023, 12:01 PM)ALV Wrote:  Lucy Hockings presenting the 11AM bulletin:
That's her usual shift. I wouldn't be surprised if we generally see the World presenters as normal for much of this month (barring rehearsals for the new channel).
There was a suggestion that the World presenters will be out of air for much of this month due to these rehearsals. Not sure now if this is going to be true.

UPD. Just noticed that there was a little crash-in by the NC into the WBR by muting out the Travel Show promo few seconds short of its final (yet in the middle of last sentence).

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Newshound47 - 06-03-2023

How many rehearsals do experienced presenters need? Can’t imagine more than about 15-20 hours.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 12:51 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(06-03-2023, 12:47 PM)Kojak Wrote:  That's her usual shift. I wouldn't be surprised if we generally see the World presenters as normal for much of this month (barring rehearsals for the new channel).
There was a suggestion that the World presenters will be out of air for much of this month due to these rehearsals. Not sure now if this is going to be true.
I expect that you'll have a mix of both World and NC presenters for the next month. Even though the World presenters will be doing rehearsals for new formats, they won't be any every day affair and I wouldn't imagine it's particularly important for them to take place at the same time as they'd be on air. From what I recall of the rehearsal periods ahead of the move to NBH, there was not a huge amount of disrupted presenter shifts.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bakamann - 06-03-2023

Lucy briefly mentioned the Breaking News about Wayne Couzens sentencing after the headlines, and she sort of gave a brief explanation about that person for viewers overseas. She redirects everyone to the BBC News live page for the latest update.

But how do you explain what is 'Old Bailey' to people overseas, like England's criminal court or something?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Newsroom - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 01:14 PM)bakamann Wrote:  Lucy briefly mentioned the Breaking News about Wayne Couzens sentencing after the headlines, and she sort of gave a brief explanation about that person for viewers overseas. She redirects everyone to the BBC News live page for the latest update.

But how do you explain what is 'Old Bailey' to people overseas, like England's criminal court or something?

Yeah I was just about to post this: It was very awkward while Hockings tried to tread the balance catering to both audiences. 

She opened the hour with that Breaking News continued explaining the story and indeed acknowledging to the global audience of why it is so relevant to the UK audience. No live cross to the correspondent, into Turkey at 12.06.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - radio listener - 06-03-2023

It all seems very jarring on BBC News channel. I just wonder how long they can give this a go before people switch off and move to at least Sky News?