Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - m_in_m - 11-03-2023

Five or ten minute bulletins for World provide a perfect excuse for providing a short 30/60 second summary of theayeay development on a UK centric story, move onto provide a summary of the rest of the days news, allow the opt and then focus on the main story. It would probably provide a better service to World and UK.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Worzel - 11-03-2023

Why do they insist on doing this? I don't know what making Damian Gramaticas stand outside a blurred NBH adds to this story?

Although the story itself, the OB being captioned as 'London', it going out on World (who's viewers probably don't care for the story) complete with old logo on the building show's what a mess things really are in.

[Image: 4-AE5-EA1-E-D698-45-E5-9-D46-D0328-C02-ACAC.jpg]

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bakamann - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 03:35 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 03:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Didn't a shorter version of Football Focus used to go out on BBC World?
Yes, a special version of it went out on BBC World News from the 2006/07 season to the 2016/17 season (indeed, you can watch some old BBC World News editions on the BBC website). Final Score similarly produced an edition for BBC World News until the 2014/15 season.

I could recall that BBC World News aired BBC Match of the Day several years ago. I think they don't even advertise it on TV, but it was included on the program schedule until a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Apologies, its Final Score. Not MOTD.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - thomalex - 11-03-2023

I must admit I'm not sure why the Gary Lineker story needs to be on the 'global' news channel at all. Don't we have the UK main bulletins for UK news?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 05:09 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I could recall that BBC World News aired BBC Match of the Day several years ago. I think they don't even advertise it on TV, but it was included on the program schedule until a couple of years ago.
Are you sure about this? I don't have any record of it in BBC World News schedules dating back to 1991 and it seems improbable that they'd've been able to broadcast any Premier League footage internationally given the severe rights restrictions around it. The BBC World Service does cover live commentaries of the Premier League, but radio is a different matter. The closest to Match of the Day that BBC World have ever been was having an ability to broadcasting brief 'action highlights' from four matches per week during the early-2000s.

(11-03-2023, 05:22 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(11-03-2023, 05:09 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I could recall that BBC World News aired BBC Match of the Day several years ago. I think they don't even advertise it on TV, but it was included on the program schedule until a couple of years ago.
Are you sure about this? I don't have any record of it in BBC World News schedules dating back to 1991 and it seems improbable that they'd've been able to broadcast any Premier League footage internationally given the severe rights restrictions around it. The BBC World Service does cover live commentaries of the Premier League, but radio is a different matter. The closest to Match of the Day that BBC World have ever been was having an ability to broadcasting brief 'action highlights' from four matches per week during the early-2000s.
I just remembered that its Final Score, not MOTD.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ALV - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 05:37 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I just remembered that its Final Score, not MOTD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uz_MQRSLBo 

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ALV - 11-03-2023

I like how they pulled up the WNA graphics in the Washington studio on a Saturday, just for an interview with the BBC DG:
[Image: 37a497f3c786e7729ab03a7993f72862-png.jpg]
Totally unnecessary but very sexy on camera~

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ginnyfan - 11-03-2023

Kudos to Lukwesa Burak for acknowledging the World audience right now and trying to put this into context and why it matters to international viewers.

[Image: vlcsnap-00022.jpg]

(11-03-2023, 08:13 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Kudos to Lukwesa Burak for acknowledging the World audience right now and trying to put this into context and why it matters to international viewers.

[Image: vlcsnap-00022.jpg]

Feels like Lukwesa has been presenting on-air since the transition period started.