Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - freeaxe - 12-03-2023

I'm pleased to report that the guide dogs are back.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - oscillon - 12-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 11:44 PM)Stuart Wrote:  In other news, I wish I had access to the WN feed tonight, as the domestic 10 led with:
[list]
[*]Navel-gazing about Lineker
[*]Navel-gazing by back-slapping celebs at the Oscars
[/list]

I switched to Al-Jazeera!

If this is really the future of the 'new' BBC News, then I'll just remove it from my favourites list.

It is Sunday, so News Channel did not carry the 10 and had the same World feed. You can still catch up with it on iPlayer for another hour!

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - AJB39 - 12-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 11:52 PM)freeaxe Wrote:  I'm pleased to report that the guide dogs are back.

For the sixth time!

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Stuart - 13-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 11:59 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(12-03-2023, 11:44 PM)Stuart Wrote:  In other news, I wish I had access to the WN feed tonight, as the domestic 10 led with:
[list]
[*]Navel-gazing about Lineker
[*]Navel-gazing by back-slapping celebs at the Oscars
[/list]

I switched to Al-Jazeera!

If this is really the future of the 'new' BBC News, then I'll just remove it from my favourites list.
It is Sunday, so News Channel did not carry the 10 and had the same World feed. You can still catch up with it on iPlayer for another hour!
AJ led with:
[list]
[*]Deaths in DR Congo (which obviously the BBC seem to think hasn't happened)
[*]Protests in Moldova
[*]Israeli attacks on Syria
[/list]

But hey - Lineker and US gongs are so important for a national news bulletin on the BBC in the UK!   Dodgy

I shoudn't have to search for something other than the main flagship BBC Channel for real news at 10pm.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - oscillon - 13-03-2023

At last Gary Lineker row is only fourth in headlines on Newsday. Although Oscar now is the top story, followed by defence summit with Rishi Sunak involved and Silicon Valley bank collapse.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Independent - 13-03-2023

Honestly, the Oscars now the top story? Putting aside AJE's problems, it is what BBC WN used to be. From "Putting News First" to "Putting Junk First". My respect for the BBC as a world viewer is at it's lowest point.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Worzel - 13-03-2023

(13-03-2023, 12:58 AM)oscillon Wrote:  At last Gary Lineker row is only fourth in headlines on Newsday. Although Oscar now is the top story, followed by defence summit with Rishi Sunak involved and Silicon Valley bank collapse.

Well at least people can't claim the last 3 days haven't been 'BBC News' because all we've been hearing is news about the BBC on the channel.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Renap - 13-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 11:52 PM)freeaxe Wrote:  I'm pleased to report that the guide dogs are back.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up in Newswatch considering the high frequency of it. 

Really needs to get looked at if they can't just find something else to fill up time for a few weeks.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bakamann - 13-03-2023

BBC World News has no graphics at the moment, including headlines, live graphic and lower-thirds.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Jimbo2022 - 13-03-2023

Just happened to spot restoration if graphics at 0908