Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Newsroom - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 11:03 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(21-03-2023, 10:59 AM)Radio_man Wrote:  One thing that does seem unfair, is that presenters who we are seeing put the hours in now, could disappear completely from our screens in two weeks time.
Annita McVeigh has been on air almost every morning since the joint service began, I think I've seen more of her on air since 6 March than I've ever seen of her. And then she could lose her job in two weeks time.  Sad
It's not unfair, it's just how things work. What's the alternative, not employ her for another 4 weeks?

Regarding Annita McVeigh - Martine Croxall tweeted that 'they were not leaving, going anywhere'. I fully expect to see them both continuing to present across the new channel.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - radio listener - 21-03-2023

How will the region screens at the end of the News at 6/10 work on BBC World News?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 01:07 PM)radio listener Wrote:  How will the region screens at the end of the News at 6/10 work on BBC World News?
There seems to have been a small misunderstanding here. Network bulletins will not be simulcast on BBC World News, that was merely somebody's suggestion. The region mosaic at the end of the Six and Ten would be just one of the many editorial, logistical and commercial issues with such a simulcast.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - House - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 12:41 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(21-03-2023, 11:03 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It's not unfair, it's just how things work. What's the alternative, not employ her for another 4 weeks?

Regarding Annita McVeigh - Martine Croxall tweeted that 'they were not leaving, going anywhere'. I fully expect to see them both continuing to present across the new channel.

Martine has made it clear on Twitter that ‘as things stand’ she isn’t leaving the BBC, though doesn’t appear to have any more clarity on what her role would be from April. She’s been quite adamant that she won’t have a ‘presentation’ role on air. Off-air staff generally seemed to have more clarity (though in many cases that seemed to mean redundancy very sadly).

I’m surprised that so close to the new channel launching, so little is known publicly about the schedule or programmes, and that so much seems up in the air in the Washington DC bureau (including at least one chief presenter yet to be appointed). Ordinarily you’d have expected television promos, at least for Nicky Campbell’s programme…

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Radio_man - 21-03-2023

Coverage tomorrow afternoon will be interesting. It's been known for at least a week that Boris Johnson will be giving live evidence to the privileges committee tomorrow afternoon from 2pm - 6pm. There's no Politics Live special on BBC 2 to cover it, and BBC Parliament is showing recorded coverage later in the evening at 7:30pm. So there will be an expectation that some or all of the committee is shown live in the UK on the News Channel, but it's certainly not something that's relevant to go out live to World viewers.

Surely an arrangement has been put in place for tomorrow afternoon for the News Channel and World to separate for the afternoon? I'll be astonished if hours of live coverage of this Parliamentary committee is shown on World.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Renap - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 05:19 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Coverage tomorrow afternoon will be interesting. It's been known for at least a week that Boris Johnson will be giving live evidence to the privileges committee tomorrow afternoon from 2pm - 6pm. There's no Politics Live special on BBC 2 to cover it, and BBC Parliament is showing recorded coverage later in the evening at 7:30pm. So there will be an expectation that some or all of the committee is shown live in the UK on the News Channel, but it's certainly not something that's relevant to go out live to World viewers.

Surely an arrangement has been put in place for tomorrow afternoon for the News Channel and World to separate for the afternoon? I'll be astonished if hours of live coverage of this Parliamentary committee is shown on World.

They'll be putting the guide dogs on instead!

I joke, but the merged month hasn't been the best when it comes to timing. 

If not for the Lineker stuff, it's all the stuff going on with politics. 

Surely they can rig something up for one day or just do something on Parliament and redirect people to that.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - UTVLifer - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 05:19 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Coverage tomorrow afternoon will be interesting. It's been known for at least a week that Boris Johnson will be giving live evidence to the privileges committee tomorrow afternoon from 2pm - 6pm. There's no Politics Live special on BBC 2 to cover it, and BBC Parliament is showing recorded coverage later in the evening at 7:30pm. So there will be an expectation that some or all of the committee is shown live in the UK on the News Channel, but it's certainly not something that's relevant to go out live to World viewers.

There is now a BBC News Special scheduled on tomorrow for Boris Johnson's Partygate committee on the NC from 2pm until the News at 6

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Newsroom - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 06:35 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  

There is now a BBC News Special scheduled on tomorrow for Boris Johnson's Partygate committee on the NC from 2pm until the News at 6

Just saw that. There is no change as yet to The BBC World News Schedules so lets see what they come up with.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ConorW2000 - 21-03-2023

First sign you would think of how the Merged BBC News will handle significant UK news stories like this.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Radio_man - 21-03-2023

(21-03-2023, 06:57 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(21-03-2023, 06:35 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  There is now a BBC News Special scheduled on tomorrow for Boris Johnson's Partygate committee on the NC from 2pm until the News at 6

Just saw that. There is no change as yet to The BBC World News Schedules so lets see what they come up with.
You'd think that BBC News would be able to come up with a World team from E, and a UK team broadcasting from outside Parliament for the afternoon, given the amount of notice that broadcasters has had of this news event?

But then given the amount of coverage & simulcasting that World viewers got of the UK political circus last September & October, when the NC & World were still two fully separate channels, if World also gets the full BBC News Special tomorrow afternoon, I won't be surprised.