Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Frances - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 03:09 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Wow. I don't remeber any announcement of Newsnight coming back to NC, only speculations on this forum.
Click seems to be a filler so WN can go to ads at the end of the hour.
Not only Ten can overrun, but Newsnight can also be delayed, so they don't start for a couple of minutes after Ten ends. NC can, of course, fill it with a looped clockless countdown.
Also, will this be first time in ages that UK output of News Channel would not do live TOTH on a regular basis (i.e. not counting breakdowns)?
I think those speculations are based on various reports on different papers - all of them suggested NC will simulcast Newsnight.
Is the plan of visualising the 5 Live 9am hour dropped?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Chud - 24-03-2023

I thought they would have done a half hour bulletin of sportsday at 10.30pm, even if they repeated the 6.30. Would make joining newsday much better. Looks a bit messy the ten ending.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Kojak - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 04:08 PM)Frances Wrote:  I think those speculations are based on various reports on different papers - all of them suggested NC will simulcast Newsnight.

As did Martine Croxall on Twitter!

Martine Croxall Wrote:There won’t be a separate UK channel at all. This is what people are not realising. You’ll get what the world audience gets. With Nicky Campbell’s phone in on the TV 9-11 weekdays. The BBC1 bulletins and Newsnight which you can see anyway. No bespoke UK content as standard apart from during advert breaks. And breaking news when an editor decides it’s worth cranking up a tiny studio. The unions are trying to stop the worst of it.

Quote:Is the plan of visualising the 5 Live 9am hour dropped?

I think (but don't know!) that that was never going to be until the autumn anyway. AFAIK it is still part of the plan - but I'd love to be proven wrong!

Krede - Krede - 24-03-2023

Off Air. 00:00-00:45 First week on Uk feed Tuesday to Thursday

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - bakamann - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 04:30 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
Quote:Is the plan of visualising the 5 Live 9am hour dropped?

I think (but don't know!) that that was never going to be until the autumn anyway. AFAIK it is still part of the plan - but I'd love to be proven wrong!

As someone from overseas, I kinda assumed that BBC Radio's "flagship" morning news radio show was Radio 4 Today, considering that Mishal Husein decided to drop her "Impact" show on BBCWN to present the radio program.

I somewhat believed that, maybe, that's gonna be the radio program that's gonna have a TV simulcast. Maybe part-R4 Today and part-Breakfast with sign language, not some random phone-in program on 5Live.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ALV - 24-03-2023

With the NC taking the 5 minute editions of Click with WN, fully integrating with WN's schedule, I'm strongly suspecting the NC's TX will originate from Red Bee (and be integrated as one of the WN regions) beginning April 3rd, maybe starting at 6AM.

The galleries in NBH will solely output live news programmes and no longer play out the weather and promos to sustain the channel. We might get to see WN stuff on the NC like the time-lapse fillers, breakbumpers... Sadly there's no news on the switching arrangements, so we might only know until the actual day of launch.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Radio_man - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 04:30 PM)Kojak Wrote:  As did Martine Croxall on Twitter!

Martine Croxall Wrote:There won’t be a separate UK channel at all. This is what people are not realising. You’ll get what the world audience gets. With Nicky Campbell’s phone in on the TV 9-11 weekdays. The BBC1 bulletins and Newsnight which you can see anyway. No bespoke UK content as standard apart from during advert breaks. And breaking news when an editor decides it’s worth cranking up a tiny studio. The unions are trying to stop the worst of it.

Well, from the UK schedule from 3rd April, it looks like the unions were not very successful, because what UK viewers have got is what Martine described. I'm sure it was mentioned by @bbctvtechop when they revealed the plans for the joint service this month, that the launch of Nicky Campbell's phone-in on the NC has been delayed until the autumn, but it won't be missed if this part of the plan for the UK NC is cancelled altogether.

RE: Krede - DTV - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 04:44 PM)Krede Wrote:  Off Air. 00:00-00:45 First week on Uk feed Tuesday to Thursday
This doesn't really mean anything - 'Off Air' appears if there is a gap in the schedule, usually because something has been inputted wrong.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ALV - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 02:39 PM)DTV Wrote:  It's here - BBC Online now showing BBC News (UK) schedules for 3rd April.

Basically as per now, but with extra edition of Sportsday at 13:30, Outside Source and The Context replaced by BBC News, short 5-minute Click segments during several hours, Newsnight simulcast at 22:30 - crashing into Newsday at 23:10. God knows why or how they are doing the Newsnight simulcast - the Ten often overruns and crashing into Newsday doesn't seem great - though at least no more guide dogs!

Earlier today you mentioned the NC will not take ABR and Sportsday in midnights in replacement of pre-records... But just now it seems you modified the picture... Is this an error on your side or they've modified the schedule after you posted it? I didn't have a chance to look at the schedule when you posted it...

RE: Krede - Krede - 24-03-2023

(24-03-2023, 04:54 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(24-03-2023, 04:44 PM)Krede Wrote:  Off Air. 00:00-00:45 First week on Uk feed Tuesday to Thursday
This doesn't really mean anything - 'Off Air' appears if there is a gap in the schedule, usually because something has been inputted wrong.

Good,  thanks