Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Robert Williams - 01-04-2023

(31-03-2023, 11:47 PM)Worzel Wrote:  How the channel will be described on other outlets will be interesting though. They can't signpost to 'The BBC News channel' as that doesn't really exist anymore and 'BBC News' is the brand as well as a channel (and department within the corporation).

I would have thought there would be no change in that respect? The channel has already been titled 'BBC News' since 2008, it's only gets referred to as 'the BBC News channel' in order to distinguish it from 'BBC News' in other contexts.

harshy - harshy - 01-04-2023

(31-03-2023, 10:25 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So Paul Royall on Newswatch, in all seriousness and with a completely straight face, describes the UK simulcasts of Breakfast, Nicky Campbell's phone-in (and he did describe it as a "phone-in"), the 1, 6 & 10 and Newsnight on the new channel as "that's 7.5 hours of premium, UK facing programming and content built in every weekday....."

I did at that point wonder if I was actually watching an episode of W1A.

Yeah it’s absolutely absurd that he passed off a radio talk in show as something Uk viewers should be watching on a news channel, I was looking at the sky epg it did look grim boring bbc news with simulcasts you can watch elsewhere anyway, it’s a real shame but still after today one more day of the bbc world news brand name.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Rolling News - 01-04-2023

https://twitter.com/thehuwedwards/status/1642098279511908352?s=46&t=nItkK3o_QY1O0nRGLinrgw 

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - AJB39 - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 10:42 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  https://twitter.com/thehuwedwards/status/1642098279511908352?s=46&t=nItkK3o_QY1O0nRGLinrgw 

It’s interesting to read the replies to this tweet. They reveal that many people are completely unaware of the impending changes to the News Channel and that this is what he is referring to. Some of the repliers think that he is retiring and that it is an April Fools.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Frances - 01-04-2023

(31-03-2023, 11:31 PM)DTV Wrote:  I really don't get the continued expectations that it'll be a rebadged BBC World News. I feel like the interim period could have been 100% UK news and people here would still be fretting that UK news was going to get cut loose - it very clearly isn't.

But I guess some viewers who’re still watching the News Channel might noticed that some packages are being repeated more frequently than before.

Such as Victoria Gill’s sewage report was shown in almost every hour - usually the 2nd half hour - from 9am to the Ten. Previously these packages are usually put firstly on the Six, sometimes on the One.

Another example is the indictment of Donald Trump. The first package was on air for the first time at 7am during Breakfast, then there was an updated version on the Six. But the exactly same version is still being aired in this hour (as typing: 11am) - it has been 17 hours since the report updated, and 28 hours after the first package came on air.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ginnyfan - 01-04-2023

It's the same with replies to many other BBC presenters that have tweeted similar farewell BBC NC messages. Most people are totally unaware of what's happening.

Also, it seems like there was some sort of a farewell event for BBC NC people, last night. Several tweets from yesterday mentioned it, I'm not sure if that third photo Huw posted is from last night or something old.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - chris - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 11:32 AM)Frances Wrote:  
(31-03-2023, 11:31 PM)DTV Wrote:  I really don't get the continued expectations that it'll be a rebadged BBC World News. I feel like the interim period could have been 100% UK news and people here would still be fretting that UK news was going to get cut loose - it very clearly isn't.

But I guess some viewers might noticed that some packages are being repeated more frequently than before.

Such as Victoria Gill’s sewage report was shown in almost every hour - usually the 2nd half hour - from 9am to the Ten. Previously these packages is usually put firstly on the One or the Six.

Another example is the indictment of Donald Trump. The first package was on air for the first time at 7am during Breakfast, then there was an updated version on the Six, but the exactly same version is still being aired in this hour - it has been 17 hours since the report updated, and 26 hours after the first package came on air.

That’s a problem between the network bulletins too. I can barely tell the difference between the 6 and 10 - they don’t even try to hide it with different presentation or presenting teams.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - VMPhil - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 11:33 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It's the same with replies to many other BBC presenters that have tweeted similar farewell BBC NC messages. Most people are totally unaware of what's happening.

Also, it seems like there was some sort of a farewell event for BBC NC people, last night. Several tweets from yesterday mentioned it, I'm not sure if that third photo Huw posted is from last night or something old.

Pretty sure that photo is from the 20th anniversary when Tony Hall was interviewed by Huw on the channel.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ginnyfan - 01-04-2023

Probably, they all look too happy on it.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - thomalex - 01-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 11:28 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  
(01-04-2023, 10:42 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  https://twitter.com/thehuwedwards/status/1642098279511908352?s=46&t=nItkK3o_QY1O0nRGLinrgw 

It’s interesting to read the replies to this tweet. They reveal that many people are completely unaware of the impending changes to the News Channel and that this is what he is referring to. Some of the repliers think that he is retiring and that it is an April Fools.

Outside of here I wouldn't have thought many people are really aware of it so not a surprise, it's all been kept hush hush.