Pres Café
BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger (/showthread.php?tid=103)

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - DTV - 02-02-2023

I guess it depends on who has got reporting experience - on that list, I can only recall seeing Giannone, R Jones, Ley and McVeigh as reporters, with Guru-Murthy and Croxall presenting on location.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Kojak - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 11:57 AM)South Wrote:  One thing is clear though they are going to have to have some senior relief presenters on hand for the BBC 1 team especially with alot of the presenters having other commitments away from reading the news, and network now having the 1 back as well as Saturdays.

I take it all network bulletins will come from the Six/Ten studio from then on?

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - Roger Darthwell - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 02:13 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 11:57 AM)South Wrote:  One thing is clear though they are going to have to have some senior relief presenters on hand for the BBC 1 team especially with alot of the presenters having other commitments away from reading the news, and network now having the 1 back as well as Saturdays.

I take it all network bulletins will come from the Six/Ten studio from then on?

All network bulletins on Studio B? That would be a dream......

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - South - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 02:01 PM)Chud Wrote:  If we assume Ben Brown and Jane Hill go to network, that leaves still quite a lot of people to go for the 8 roles available.
Lukwesa Burak
Ben Boulos (might go to Breakfast)
Sally Bundock
Victoria Valentine
Lewis Vaughn Jones
Samantha Simmons
Rebecca Jones (freelance?)
Shaun Ley
Martine Croxall
Kasia Madeira 
Geeta Guru Murphy 
Annita McVeigh
James Reynolds (not seen him for a while)
Rich Preston
Luxmy Gopal (return to regions?)
Nancy Kacungira 
Karin Giannone

There’s probably a few people I’ve missed, but when you look at that list and the brilliant talent they have to say goodbye to, is going to be very hard to pick.
I am not sure that all of the presenters mentioned above would have been at risk, for example I believe Luxmy Gopal is officially attached to BBC London at the moment and is Rebecca Jones is also one of the BBCs Arts correspondent's so I would imagine she will continue as is. I think Victoria Valentine is also still a business correspondent. The same could be said for Ben Boulos, but who knows with the BBC.

RE: BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger - ginnyfan - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 11:29 AM)Chud Wrote:  Do we know what’s happening with the names not on that list? I thought Karin or kasia would have got the job over Maryam.

Me too. She is the only name on the list that surprises me. At least it's not Lukwesa.  

Hope Karin, Geeta and Shaun get the reporter/presenter spot, at least.

chris - chris - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 02:14 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 02:13 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I take it all network bulletins will come from the Six/Ten studio from then on?

All network bulletins on Studio B? That would be a dream......

I don’t think long term studio plans have been confirmed either here or elsewhere?

Certainly it would make more sense for all network and London bulletins to come from B (plus pre-records like Newswatch and Hardtalk) and then the News Channel from E.

That could leave D and C as back-ups (or you completely close C as it would likely be superfluous).

RE: chris - Newsroom - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 02:57 PM)chris Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 02:14 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  All network bulletins on Studio B? That would be a dream......

I don’t think long term studio plans have been confirmed either here or elsewhere?

Certainly it would make more sense for all network and London bulletins to come from B (plus pre-records like Newswatch and Hardtalk) and then the News Channel from E.

That could leave D and C as back-ups (or you completely close C as it would likely be superfluous).

Let's not forget the 'ready to go' studio for the Domestic feed when it needs to split. I can't envisage that being a flash studio/broom cupboard.

RE: chris - Kojak - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 03:02 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 02:57 PM)chris Wrote:  I don’t think long term studio plans have been confirmed either here or elsewhere?

Let's not forget the 'ready to go' studio for the Domestic feed when it needs to split. I can't envisage that being a flash studio/broom cupboard.

I'd have thought C will be mothballed (a la N9 in 2008) and kept as the Domestic split studio. D (the virtual studio) could then be closed/repurposed?

chris - chris - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 03:06 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 03:02 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Let's not forget the 'ready to go' studio for the Domestic feed when it needs to split. I can't envisage that being a flash studio/broom cupboard.

I'd have thought C will be mothballed (a la N9 in 2008) and kept as the Domestic split studio. D (the virtual studio) could then be closed/repurposed?

D is London’s studio. I imagine they’ll want that as a back-up as it’s in a different fire zone. 

A is the virtual studio.

RE: chris - Kojak - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 03:08 PM)chris Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 03:06 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I'd have thought C will be mothballed (a la N9 in 2008) and kept as the Domestic split studio. D (the virtual studio) could then be closed/repurposed?

D is London’s studio. I imagine they’ll want that as a back-up as it’s in a different fire zone. 

A is the virtual studio.

Ah, right. Though I thought they were doing London bulletins from B now?  Good point about the fire zone, though. So keep D as the back-up and mothball and/or close A and C? This is all academic, obviously.