Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - UTVLifer - 23-08-2022

Some details about the new look Sunday morning programme have come out from Laura Kuenssberg’s new interview with Vogue. 

The new show will be launching on Sunday 4th September 

When she takes over from Marr in a few weeks she will become the first woman to permanently host the show, which has previously pulled in nearly two million people each Sunday. Under Kuenssberg, it’s all change: called Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg, the new format will see her give her analysis on the week’s news before setting a revolving panel of experts one clear question to answer. Threaded through the show will be interviews with world leaders, politicians, academics, tycoons and the occasional celebrity. Her watchword, she says, will be “accountability”.

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1562066116121354241?s=21&t=0a_uwG9r0UKPsFwwWKJDcQ 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - MFTJA - 23-08-2022

The BBC really need to get more creative with naming their Sunday morning political shows.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 23-08-2022

(23-08-2022, 02:39 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  The BBC really need to get more creative with naming their Sunday morning political shows.

At least they didn't include the word 'Live' anywhere!

I don't know if anybody else is getting it, but I have a strong feeling that the branding is going to involve the colour purple (and maybe teal). I don't know why. Possibly because, since the demise of UKIP, it can return to being to go-to colour for politics programmes, which it certainly was for a long time, but not really in the last decade.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 24-08-2022

I fail the see the issue with the name of the programme. It has traditionally incorporated the host's name.

Breakfast with Frost
Sunday AM (changed to The Andrew Marr Show)
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 24-08-2022

(24-08-2022, 12:44 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I fail the see the issue with the name of the programme. It has traditionally incorporated the host's name.

Breakfast with Frost

It's obviously not an 'issue', I think it's just that it's bland and the latest in a series of incredibly bland names. In the last few years, the BBC have launched Morning Live, Afternoon Live, Newsroom Live, Live, Politics Live, Sunday Morning (while already having a Sunday Morning Live) and now Sunday. Obviously, names don't particularly make or break a show like this and, obviously, bland names are nothing new - Westminster Live was the original BBC politics daily. It's just that there seems to be an abundance of dull, functional, witless names at the minute, particularly from the BBC. While not every programme needs to have a pun title, I do appreciate some degree of cleverness or even just something one step above basic.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - all new phil - 24-08-2022

At least it’s not Sundaycast.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Matrix - 24-08-2022

I mean, it does what it says on the tin. 'On the Record' or something like that has a bit more imagination but omits the key bit: Laura K. In the landscape we are, the emphasis is on key talent and brand.

For my part, I think it's a solid name and I rather like the full name aspect to it. Looking forward to it.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - alfiejmulcahy - 24-08-2022

I have a feeling that the programme will often be referred to as 'The Sunday Programme with Laura Kuenssberg' on the Saturday night news and the like.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 24-08-2022

(24-08-2022, 02:03 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(24-08-2022, 12:44 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I fail the see the issue with the name of the programme. It has traditionally incorporated the host's name.

Breakfast with Frost

It's obviously not an 'issue', I think it's just that it's bland and the latest in a series of incredibly bland names. In the last few years, the BBC have launched Morning Live, Afternoon Live, Newsroom Live, Live, Politics Live, Sunday Morning (while already having a Sunday Morning Live) and now Sunday. Obviously, names don't particularly make or break a show like this and, obviously, bland names are nothing new - Westminster Live was the original BBC politics daily. It's just that there seems to be an abundance of dull, functional, witless names at the minute, particularly from the BBC. While not every programme needs to have a pun title, I do appreciate some degree of cleverness or even just something one step above basic.

@DTV I rarely find myself disagreeing you. I think in terms of tv presenting we are cut from the same ilk as is itsrobert. 

But come on surely to call this an issue is a bit over dramatic. I concur that the News Channel calling those sections was ill executed and in fact only Afternoon Live has a certain difference to it than Newsroom Live. However, in this instance we are discussing a part of the schedule that has gone unchanged since before I was born (do not ask my age LOL). There is nothing wrong with BBC slating Laura's name to the programme. 

What's the issue with Sophie Ridge on Sunday? Or any other Sunday morning show? In fact, what would you call it? I always felt KUENSSBERG was too harsh a name alone.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - bilky asko - 24-08-2022

(24-08-2022, 04:06 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  I have a feeling that the programme will often be referred to as 'The Sunday Programme with Laura Kuenssberg' on the Saturday night news and the like.

You think they'll make the programme name even longer for that purpose? We're not in the heady days of Sky Sports News HQ HD any more.