Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 30-10-2022

Does anyone else feel the LK show is taking unfair advantage of the Breaking News alerts clearly available to them BEFORE the programme airs, during and after.

This morning was a prime example of misuse in my opinion. There was a push alert before it went to air promoting the appearance of Gove. Another around 9.35 quoting Gove as saying the Home Secretary deserves a second chance….and we’re still not finished as I post this.

It’s just not what the service is for. T

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 30-10-2022

Yes - the Levelling Up Minister appearing on Laura K’s show is not ‘breaking news’ worthy of the full audio alert

They do seem to be alert happy at the moment, I’m sure it used to be fairly rare when it went off, maybe once a day max, so you knew it was massive news, these days it seems to be done half a dozen times a day

I’m still not warming to this show by the way - the lack of paper review, the pointless panel, the fact they try to cram in too much but then still have time for that ridiculous ‘final thought’ at the end. Laura also doesn’t have a warm enough personality to carry a Sunday morning programme.

I’m also not a big fan of the theme tune, I don’t think it helps that the main theme is hardly that much different from the bed, so at the start you get two minutes of the same negative piano theme going on and on

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - harshy - 30-10-2022

The titles definitely lack the gravitas of Breakfast with Frost and the theme tune to Andrew Marr seemed stronger even if the visuals wasn’t.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - UTVLifer - 30-10-2022

I felt like this morning's programme definitely should have been extended to 10:15, given that the interview with Gove went on for the best part of half an hour, whilst Laura had only about 7 minutes to interview Yvette Cooper at the end, before cutting her off to go for the "final thoughts"

I also still don't see the point of the panel and would rather have a newspaper review. Though I'd definitely say that Laura has improved as a presenter since the first week of the show

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - all new phil - 30-10-2022

I still don’t understand this desire for a newspaper review when countless exist elsewhere. The panel have very much the same sort of discussion anyway - in fact they even referred to some stories from the papers today.

I rather like the show. It’s shaken off the stuffiness of its predecessors - I never liked the awkward and unnecessary arts interviews. I know we got something similar today but it at least felt a little more current and relevant. LK carries the show well.

(30-10-2022, 07:27 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I still don’t understand this desire for a newspaper review when countless exist elsewhere. The panel have very much the same sort of discussion anyway - in fact they even referred to some stories from the papers today.

I rather like the show. It’s shaken off the stuffiness of its predecessors - I never liked the awkward and unnecessary arts interviews. I know we got something similar today but it at least felt a little more current and relevant. LK carries the show well.
It’s called personal preference. If you scroll back, there are plenty of us that would like to see the paper review on a Sunday morning - you don’t - what don’t you understand exactly Phil? 

Not everyone

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - all new phil - 30-10-2022

(30-10-2022, 07:35 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(30-10-2022, 07:27 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I still don’t understand this desire for a newspaper review when countless exist elsewhere. The panel have very much the same sort of discussion anyway - in fact they even referred to some stories from the papers today.

It’s called personal preference. If you scroll back, there are plenty of us that would like to see the paper review on a Sunday morning - you don’t - what don’t you understand exactly Phil? 

Not everyone

But I don’t understand why people want such a specific discussion. People are still discussing things. What don’t you understand about that?

(30-10-2022, 09:15 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(30-10-2022, 07:35 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  It’s called personal preference. If you scroll back, there are plenty of us that would like to see the paper review on a Sunday morning - you don’t - what don’t you understand exactly Phil? 

Not everyone

But I don’t understand why people want such a specific discussion. People are still discussing things. What don’t you understand about that?
I don’t understand people’s liking for black pudding but it is what it is.

‘The Papers’ on a Saturday eve are of no interest to me, I’m usually out. I don’t watch Sky News and have always enjoyed the paper review on. Sunday morning. The guests were always of a great calibre and quite frankly the discussion on LK doesn’t retain my attention.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - matthew - 30-10-2022

Marr used to have a paper review section, and news channel had its own paper review on Sunday morning, both replace by Kuenssberg

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Matrix - 30-10-2022

For my two pence, it’s refreshing, consciously different — and you do basically get a paper review in all but name. I like it.