Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - London Lite - 30-10-2022

It's a very hard watch to the point that I only tune into BBC One at 10am for the regional politics programme.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 31-10-2022

It’s the ‘final thought’ that I find the worst bit, especially when they cut short interviews to fit it in. I listened back to this weeks and besides one sentence I expect it was pre-written before the show, just generic stuff about how big Rishi’s in-tray is, completely pointless summing up that we didn’t really need

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - strollfan - 31-10-2022

I think a lot of the issue with the show comes from LK herself, the format is different but not immediately enough so to be a write-off, but she's not a very natural presenter and was already somewhat unpopular amongst audiences despite only ever being political editor, as opposed to a host of a major show.

TJTSW - TJTSW - 27-11-2022

This morning the start of the program had the intros of the guests and topics, then when I guess the titles should of been played out we got a Laura & her guests sat still awkwardly for a few seconds… is this a new thing not to have the titles or just a mishap today?

RE: TJTSW - Spencer - 27-11-2022

(27-11-2022, 10:22 AM)TJTSW Wrote:  This morning the start of the program had the intros of the guests and topics, then when I guess the titles should of been played out we got a Laura & her guests sat still awkwardly for a few seconds… is this a new thing not to have the titles or just a mishap today?

There are normally titles at that point. It was definitely an error this morning.

RE: TJTSW - Stuart - 27-11-2022

(27-11-2022, 10:22 AM)TJTSW Wrote:  This morning the start of the program had the intros of the guests and topics, then when I guess the titles should of been played out we got a Laura & her guests sat still awkwardly for a few seconds… is this a new thing not to have the titles or just a mishap today?
'Awkward' is a polite way of describing it.  It seemed to last for an eternity; even I felt uncomfortable, and I was just the viewer. Sad

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 19-02-2023

Would anyone happen to know how this show is doing 6 months in? I've looked around but can't find any definitive figures.

chris - chris - 19-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 10:26 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Would anyone happen to know how this show is doing 6 months in? I've looked around but can't find any definitive figures.

Generally a million on BBC One. Not sure how that compares to Marr.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 19-02-2023

Personally I’ve sacked it off, unless it’s a big week or a big name interview I don’t routinely tune in anymore. I just can’t take to it.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - London Lite - 19-02-2023

Bar PMQs, I've stopped watching Politics Live which compared to the Daily Politics is more akin to the French round table debate format and Kuenssberg is too much talking heads. I didn't mind the newspaper review of Marr which was one segment where you usually got some decent analysis followed by the political interviews and culture segment.