Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 09:44 AM)Randomuser123 Wrote:  Came here to ask this. There were a few shows today that just seemed too dynamic for the daleks, and also they had a bit of shake to them.

If it is a jib, while it’s not a lot/material amount of money, one person for one shift plus the studio setup, I’m just not sure what it really adds. And at a time of “we must save money” not sure it really adds to a pretty capable (if not to everyone’s taste) fully automated studio.
Having just watched, I don't think that's a jib shot. The Directors are simply getting used to the versitility of these cameras. It's probably quite sensible that they have waited to become accustomed to them before trying out new things. I guess they wanted to avoid the funnery when the furios were first introduced in C/E.

They can go quite high and very low if required.  They can pan/zoom/tilt while moving along the tracks. None of these three shots are impossible for those 'Electric Friends' cameras. 

[Image: LK-1.jpg]
[Image: LK-2.jpg]
[Image: LK-3.jpg]

There are two cameras on each of the main three tracks, and I think only one on the track in front of 'Tower A'.

[Image: LK-4.jpg]

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - harshy - 16-04-2023

It’s a fantastic studio, studio b just love what it can achieve and it’s versality, I’d like to see if the presenters can come upstairs to the ground floor, Huw almost tried that on the first day, well he got to the staircase

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - AaronLancs - 16-04-2023

Further to what Stuart above says.

For the cameras in Studio B there are seven in total.
[list]
[*]Four on "The Circle Line" - Around the desk
[*]Two on "The Catwalk" (One is hiding behind the camera on the left)
[*]One on "Tower A & Touchscreen"
[/list]

[Image: Studio-B-1-1-1536x565.jpg]

(16-04-2023, 01:28 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s a fantastic studio, studio b just love what it can achieve and it’s versality, I’d like to see if the presenters can come upstairs to the ground floor, Huw almost tried that on the first day, well he got to the staircase
One of the weather presenters (Matt Taylor) went up there once on a Tweet video to show that part of the mezzanine is certainly stable enough to support weight, but I don't think it's very wide.  The staircase ends in the lighting rig, so actually goes 'nowhere'.

I can't imagine the mezzanine ever being used as a presentational position, as I don't think the LED screens in that upper area are particularly high resolution when close up (I know there is a technical term for that, but I don't know it off the top of my head).

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - lepeterrr - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 02:15 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(16-04-2023, 01:28 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s a fantastic studio, studio b just love what it can achieve and it’s versality, I’d like to see if the presenters can come upstairs to the ground floor, Huw almost tried that on the first day, well he got to the staircase
One of the weather presenters (Matt Taylor) went up there once on a Tweet video to show that part of the mezzanine is certainly stable enough to support weight, but I don't think it's very wide.  The staircase actually ends in the lighting rig, so actually goes 'nowhere'.
Said tweet: https://twitter.com/MetMattTaylor/status/1536677468060405761 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Jon - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 02:15 PM)Stuart Wrote:  

I can't imagine the mezzanine ever being used as a presentational position, as I don't think the LED screens in that upper area are particularly high resolution when close up (I know there is a technical term for that, but I don't know it off the top of my head).
Think it could be implemented at some level for election coverage. Don’t think interviews would work up there but maybe news updates, in terms of the screens I’m sure they could just bring something in a bit more detailed if they need to for the section they use.

Looking at the credits for today's show; and a quick twitter search there was definitely at least a Steadicam used today. Possibly a jib aswell not 100% sure.

(16-04-2023, 04:47 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Looking at the credits for today's show; and a quick twitter search there was definitely at least a Steadicam used today. Possibly a jib aswell not 100% sure.
Why would you need more than 7 cameras in that studio? Which shots required a Steadicam or Jib?

(16-04-2023, 05:00 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(16-04-2023, 04:47 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Looking at the credits for today's show; and a quick twitter search there was definitely at least a Steadicam used today. Possibly a jib aswell not 100% sure.
Why would you need more than 7 cameras in that studio?  Which shots required a Steadicam or Jib?
Mainly the ones at the desk, they seemed extremely close to the desk and shakey for the robot cameras.

(16-04-2023, 03:24 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(16-04-2023, 02:15 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I can't imagine the mezzanine ever being used as a presentational position, as I don't think the LED screens in that upper area are particularly high resolution when close up (I know there is a technical term for that, but I don't know it off the top of my head).
Think it could be implemented at some level for election coverage. Don’t think interviews would work up there but maybe news updates, in terms of the screens I’m sure they could just bring something in a bit more detailed if they need to for the section they use.
I can just imagine it . . . "Now to BIG MOIRA clutching a handrail for a news update", on the 2 foot wide mezzanine struggling to read an autocue on a camera 6 feet below her.   Tongue

It was bad enough with the dodgy LED screens they used at Elstree for some of the last Election broadcasts. When close up they looked dreadful.