Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Spencer - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 09:19 PM)DTV Wrote:  And, as I think somebody else mentioned, seems very odd to credit two camera operators if you are using just robot cameras - Newsnight typically only credit two and they use manual pedestal cameras.

Last October, post Queen’s mourning edition and party conference OBs, Sunday with LK was only crediting one person under ‘Cameras’, so something has changed.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 17-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 10:42 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  To put my two pence worth in, there is certainly an extra camera being used, take this shot for example...
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/PATV%20Scunthorpe/KuenssburgCamera.png 
... you can see the autocue hood of the camera used to capture the catwalk just peaking in at right hand edge of the image, so that rules out that camera, but also by looking back at earlier pictures posted of the whole Studio B set up, even though you could say it was taken via the camera usually used for the main monolith and the one which performed the pan for the credits, I just don't think you could get the camera to have such an open field of view to show the ceiling while the positioning of the shot is basically right on top of where the catwalk platform begins and given how far away the track is from the platform, it has to be an extra camera, as others have mentioned, probably not a steadicam, but I could certainly see the model of gimbal suggested.
There are 2 cameras on the 'catwalk track', one of them being able to see the other is not impossible, just poor framing of the shot.

Nobody suggested that the ground level shot was from the single camera on the track in front of 'Tower A', but there is no reason why it couldn't be. They are very versitile cameras which can capture every part of the studio.

Why bring in another camera when you already have 7 covering every possible angle you can imagine in your wildest dreams?

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Keith - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 05:50 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Why bring in another camera when you already have 7 covering every possible angle you can imagine in your wildest dreams?
Taking a guess the start of the new financial year has enabled the additional resource.

Maybe the justification was that with past faults with the cameras they want to mitigate the risk one of more failing during the programme, given they often have high profile political interviews. At least if one or more robotic cameras develops a fault the manually operated camera can cover those shots.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 06:34 AM)Keith Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 05:50 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Why bring in another camera when you already have 7 covering every possible angle you can imagine in your wildest dreams?
Taking a guess the start of the new financial year has enabled the additional resource.

Maybe the justification was that with past faults with the cameras they want to mitigate the risk one of more failing during the programme, given they often have high profile political interviews. At least if one or more robotic cameras develops a fault the manually operated camera can cover those shots.
I doubt that would ever be an issue when you have other cameras in the studio that can cover multiple shots.

If you had a complete 'Electric Friends' sytems failure in Studio B, then you'd be hot-footing it to Studios D, E, K, L or V.

There was no complete system failure, as all the cameras using those shots were shown to be working at other times during the programme. Now I'll wait for one of our techy friends who work there to tell me there was an issue which caused them to use a Steadicam - then I will gorge on 'Humble Pie' for the rest of the week. Tongue

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Randomuser123 - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 06:34 AM)Keith Wrote:  

I suspect they just wanted to it to feel a bit more dynamic. I’ve not seen any snafus on the studio B setup.

A few of the shots do look quite nice (the under the stair ones) but I hope they calm down a little on the stalking behind the interviewer. 

And I go back on my original post a bit when I said “why they spending money on this” because while auntie gets many things wrong… a bunch of hobbyists online questioning the cost of everything is hardly useful.

Given the production costs of the show, while it’s not expensive telly, another camera operator is not going to be the reason that the UK NC is no more.

Edit: if the 6/10 needed this to look reasonable I’d see merit in my original questioning. But it’s not.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - agentsquash - 17-04-2023

You can’t help but feel that Studio B would look amazing with some GMB-esque steadicam work. And with a jib!

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - bilky asko - 17-04-2023

I decided to have a look on iPlayer to see just what the fuss is all about. Short of them falling over or Laura Kuenssberg addressing them by name, I'm not sure how much more obvious it could be that there's a camera operator there.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - steve - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 11:17 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I decided to have a look on iPlayer to see just what the fuss is all about. Short of them falling over or Laura Kuenssberg addressing them by name, I'm not sure how much more obvious it could be that there's a camera operator there.

Yes, me too - there's definitely a camera op in there with a steadicam. It's so obvious, I'm not sure whether Stuart's just being facetious now!? Literally in the first two minutes, the shot at 1m39s isn't from one of the main studio cams.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - chris - 17-04-2023

And confirmed by Chris Cook.

https://twitter.com/chrisckmedia/status/1648024401110003716?s=46&t=DYgfavdXohWoW0eQBoiO1Q 

Glad that my eyes weren’t deceiving me!

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - AaronLancs - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 08:05 PM)chris Wrote:  And confirmed by Chris Cook.

https://twitter.com/chrisckmedia/status/1648024401110003716?s=46&t=DYgfavdXohWoW0eQBoiO1Q 

Glad that my eyes weren’t deceiving me!

As that Tweet was originated by me. I'd thought I'd get the confirmation of it all from the project director and main driving force behind getting Studio B back up and running.