Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 24-08-2022

(24-08-2022, 05:18 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  @DTV I rarely find myself disagreeing you. I think in terms of tv presenting we are cut from the same ilk as is itsrobert. 

But come on surely to call this an issue is a bit over dramatic. I concur that the News Channel calling those sections was ill executed and in fact only Afternoon Live has a certain difference to it than Newsroom Live. However, in this instance we are discussing a part of the schedule that has gone unchanged since before I was born (do not ask my age LOL). There is nothing wrong with BBC slating Laura's name to the programme. 

What's the issue with Sophie Ridge on Sunday? Or any other Sunday morning show? In fact, what would you call it? I always felt KUENSSBERG was too harsh a name alone.

Apologies, there seems to have been a bit of miscommunication. I wasn't saying it was/would be an issue - I don't think the audience will care what the official name is. If people do refer to it, like with Sophie Ridge on Sunday, it'll just be by the presenters' name anyway - I can confidently predict very few will ever say "did you see so-and-so on Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg".

I was just lamenting the blandness of a lot of these programme titles. I personally prefer a bit of cleverness to a name like On the Record or The One Show or Match of the Day, rather than Sunday Afternoon, Evening Live or The Premier League Show as they'd no doubt be called under the present naming system. To me, the difference between Sunday AM and The Andrew Marr Show is the difference between the 2007 BBC Radio logos and their Reith equivalents - sure the latter is more functional, but it's generic and lacks the creative flair of its predecessor.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - MFTJA - 25-08-2022

(24-08-2022, 12:44 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  What's the issue with Sophie Ridge on Sunday? Or any other Sunday morning show? In fact, what would you call it? I always felt KUENSSBERG was too harsh a name alone.

‘Sophy Ridge on Sunday’ works as there’s a bit of sibilance. Not to mention, it's a programme tucked away on Sky News, it's not as big a programme as the Sunday morning political slot on BBC One so less people will see the name. 'Sunday with Laura Kunnessburg' sounds more like a religious programme than anything political. There's no rhyme or alliteration so it just doesn't flow that well. 

Apologies for ranting about a programme name, but they could've easily came up with something slightly better.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - chris - 26-08-2022

A different name might have helped with Twitter - I can imagine we’re going to get all sorts of misspellings of Laura K’s name trending.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Matrix - 27-08-2022

(26-08-2022, 11:11 PM)chris Wrote:  A different name might have helped with Twitter - I can imagine we’re going to get all sorts of misspellings of Laura K’s name trending.

For the presenter or the programme?  

Either way, from a brand perspective, it does the job. It’s simple and effective.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - alfiejmulcahy - 28-08-2022

Just spotted a brand new trailer for the programme. Studio B lit in blue with red chairs.infront of the catwalk.

Looks like it gets its own 'LK' icon, and a sketched skyline as the background. Looks very posh.

Piano style theme too, On The Record esque.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Josh - 28-08-2022

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/082022/1661652216_1413531716.mp4 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - JamesWorldNews - 28-08-2022

Albeit a brief clip, it looks good! (Filmed in cinematic fog, though).

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 28-08-2022

I was wrong about purple! (It's interesting how that's shifted, there was a time when politics programmes avoided blue or red branding like the plague)

Will have to wait to see it all in full swing, but does look interesting and Studio B does look quite nice in blue. A non-London-centric backdrop is not surprising, though it's a shame we don't get to see a full 4K skyline backdrop from those screens.

It looks like a small additional rostrum has been placed inside the catwalk area for the interview, though could do with the LED panelling at the front being frosted up a bit to match the similar panels elsewhere.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Jon - 28-08-2022

(28-08-2022, 12:01 PM)DTV Wrote:  I was wrong about purple! (It's interesting how that's shifted, there was a time when politics programmes avoided blue or red branding like the plague.
Well Marr had a lot of red in it and Peston is mainly Blue, whilst Politics Live is very red. If it was that much of an issue BBC News wouldn’t be red either. If you take out red and blue there isn’t a lot of other options. I’ve never watched a politics programme and given any thought to the colours of the programmes in relation to political parties. 

Also I think purple is a bit dark for Sunday morning.

The set for this looks nice enough but thought they might have been a bit more creative.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 28-08-2022

Very nice looking set. Unless they've kept something behind, we could well see 4 people at the desk for the newspaper review.

Loving the sketching of the skyline!