Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - harshy - 08-05-2023

Looks like they can’t afford the big electricity bills studio b is creating.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Joe - 08-05-2023

Lovely lighting and depth of field - the studio looks much less ‘fake’ than normal.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 25-06-2023

It looks as though today on 'Sunday with LK', one of the daleks broke loose again, elevated to the gallery and started to mess about with the closing sequence, sending his 'electric.friends' all over the place at random, and tinkering with the timing of the music and end credits. Big Grin

https://youtu.be/xyjw8xco0do 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - steve - 25-06-2023

I think it was ‘simply’ someone double hitting F12 by mistake to run the closing sequence too early straight off the interview.

Then they tried to manually cut to the cameras but of course the cameras were already executing the end sequence moves…

In E there’s a big STOP button which stopped all movements - surprised there’s not something similar here, although maybe that causes different issues!

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - simon - 25-06-2023

(25-06-2023, 12:55 PM)steve Wrote:  I think it was ‘simply’ someone double hitting F12 by mistake to run the closing sequence too early straight off the interview.

Then they tried to manually cut to the cameras but of course the cameras were already executing the end sequence moves…

In E there’s a big STOP button which stopped all movements - surprised there’s not something similar here, although maybe that causes different issues!

As in an emergency stop button for safety purposes or a stop button to stop unintended movements impacting output? If it's a safety stop then that would almost certainly cause knock on issues and take some work to undo.

I'm quite surprised the director doesn't have some sort of 'undo' button that recalls the previous state and moves everything back, so that if you've accidentally advanced the automation you can just hit that to move all the cameras back and cut up the previous source again...

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - steve - 25-06-2023

Yes, that’s what I meant by ‘different issues’. Suspect you’re right in that it’s just emergency use!

They did recue it - the cameras moved back (blocking the shot they had cut up 🙈) and run the sequence again at the proper time, but suspect once it starts there’s no easy way of stopping until it completes.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - simon - 25-06-2023

Yeah, whenever this sort of thing happens though I get the distinct feeling it takes quite a bit of work to undo whatever's happened and move everything back! There always seems to be a delay.

It'd be neat if a second or two after accidentally taking the next event, they could just hit a button and it would only take a second or two for the cameras to all shift back to their rightful places.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Steve in Pudsey - 25-06-2023

It's hard to tell from just the screengrabs here, but I know in the past they used to use Studio A to pre-rec some interviews for the Marr show. Or could it be B but being used as a four waller with a PSC crew if they weren't able to staff the gallery for it?

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 30-08-2023

That same old promo had been revived for Laura K's show. Possibly one of the worst ever made.

msim - msim - 03-09-2023

Apparently down 700k from when it launched. Not surprising given politics has quietened down since Autumn last year but also the format of this is god awful.

Kuensberg is a horrendous presenter and interviewer. It also worries me that she will be the lead presenter for the election night coverage next year. In this there are far, far too many guests, segments and talking heads giving their opinions being crammed in to that hour. I know Marr similarly had a good number of guests (and I'm thankful the newspaper review from that has been ditched) but we seriously need to get proper political interviews with depth and analysis back in fashion and in play for the election. A good 20 mins each with a government and opposition MP, a few minutes on some arts and then the close of the programme with proper analysis of what was claimed in the interviews ala Ros Atkins explainers. If someone has lied or misled or said something dodgy in the interview then tell us without bias.

Sadly it appears Sky have done something similar and introduced a panel on to their new Sunday morning show too, today platforming Boris Johnson's 'journalist' sister sigh.