Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - UTVLifer - 03-09-2023

One of my main grips with the show is that it feels like it is constantly overstuffed, which is baffling considering today for example, they only interviewed Hunt for about 15 or so minutes, and then the Labour representative for about 10, in addition to the culture for this week in the form of Timothy Spall, and then a violinist at the end.

If it was Marr or the interim Raworth show, it would have be fine, but the need to constantly shoehorn in the thoughts of the panel (made worse this morning by Piers Morgan), makes it feel like the show/Laura is constantly dashing from one thing to another

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - cando - 03-09-2023

It's literally the exact same show

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 03-09-2023

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1698305163239235988?s=61&t=DDd20nUct8HjQfcAYHQT1w 

Looks like her viewing figures have dropped

Doesn’t surprise me, it’s just so cold, both the studio and the presenter lack warmth

She struggles with switching from the politics to the culture bits and having to bring the panel in every 5 minutes just makes it to frantic

Rather than a nice easy way to start Sunday with a personable host, it’s now a frantic hour of arguments

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Omnipresent - 03-09-2023

This is by no means the only BBC programme to make poor choices with the panel of pundits format, but I question why someone like Piers Morgan who already has a high media profile is invited on the panel.

Last year, one panel included Suzanna Reid and Victoria Newton, Editor of The Sun. That's 2/3rds of the panel with people who already have significant media profile or influence.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - RhysJR - 03-09-2023

Re the above report, it is rare for the BBC to call out reporting in this way, especially with this rebute quotetweeting a notable former BBC political anchor.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1698337203066150998?t=1877c65cHda88PeUqos2Fw&s=19 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 05:14 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Re the above report, it is rare for the BBC to call out reporting in this way, especially with this rebute quotetweeting a notable former BBC political anchor.
If they really want to quash it, though, they should put some figures behind it - particularly relative figures such as viewer share. While it is true that viewership is changing, the catch-up and multi-screen figures for news programming are rarely substantive.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Brekkie - 03-09-2023

I'm sure a 300k drop in early summer compared to early autumn (and two new PMs and one new King) is pretty standard - nothing here to see other than a bitter former BBC journalist.

RE: msim - Newsroom - 03-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 02:51 PM)msim Wrote:  Apparently down 700k from when it launched. Not surprising given politics has quietened down since Autumn last year but also the format of this is god awful.

Kuensberg is a horrendous presenter and interviewer. It also worries me that she will be the lead presenter for the election night coverage next year. In this there are far, far too many guests, segments and talking heads giving their opinions being crammed in to that hour. I know Marr similarly had a good number of guests (and I'm thankful the newspaper review from that has been ditched) but we seriously need to get proper political interviews with depth and analysis back in fashion and in play for the election. A good 20 mins each with a government and opposition MP, a few minutes on some arts and then the close of the programme with proper analysis of what was claimed in the interviews ala Ros Atkins explainers. If someone has lied or misled or said something dodgy in the interview then tell us without bias.

Sadly it appears Sky have done something similar and introduced a panel on to their new Sunday morning show too, today platforming Boris Johnson's 'journalist' sister sigh.

Nah! If Huw does exit that role, it won't be down to LauraK! I can bet my broken pearls on it.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 04-09-2023

(03-09-2023, 03:09 PM)cando Wrote:  It's literally the exact same show
The format is completely different to Marr:

[list]
[*]There is no news briefing for people who just woke up for the programme.
[*]The panel of three were only there to do a Sunday newspaper review as a catalyst for discussing certain unrelated topics with a variety of views. They left after that segment.
[*]A brief weather forecast to allow for some prop/furniture/guest shuffling.
[*]There was usually a long form interview, but the style was different and didn't come across as a PPB for the politician with 'soundbite cue cards'.
[*]The culture/media recorded segment was always well curated and actually quite interesting.
[/list]

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 03:35 PM)Stuart Wrote:  The format is completely different to Marr:

[list]
[*]There is no news briefing for people who just woke up for the programme.
[*]The panel of three were only there to do a Sunday newspaper review as a catalyst for discussing certain unrelated topics with a variety of views. They left after that segment.
[*]A brief weather forecast to allow for some prop/furniture/guest shuffling.
[*]There was usually a long form interview, but the style was different and didn't come across as a PPB for the politician with 'soundbite cue cards'.
[*]The culture/media recorded segment was always well curated and actually quite interesting.
[/list]
Tired already, load of rubbish like everything else coming out of that shed!

I'm not sorry for being so harsh. I'm sure there are a lot of people working hard on trying to get things right, but with the people at the top calling the shots it has zero chance.

Why the hell is Paul Royall still in his position? He must surely be regretting leaving his excellent tenure as ed of the 6 and 10.