Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 12:49 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I guess the point is they want to have a live, real view in the background to emphasise the fact that they’re on location which they wouldn’t have in the Breakfast/Sport studio. I know Salford isn’t Manchester, but when they’re only three miles from the location of the conference, to see that as an issue does feel a bit like splitting hairs. It’s not like they’re broadcasting from Leeds.
Sure, but the real reason they come from conference is for ease of the guests. I just don't feel a real view (especially a not particularly good or recongisable one) is enough of a reason to justify effectively bargain bucket production values for several weeks a year. If they really feel the need to show they are at conference or in Manchester, there are other ways they can do it. It's the same with network news touring the regions.

My point about it not being in Manchester was more about the fact that, if they were coming from somewhere near/on the conference complex, perhaps such a rudimentary set-up would be more palatable. But they're just coming from the nearest BBC studio centre, which happens to contain two studios that have been used for network news programmes, so coming from some black crates in an office corner just looks even worse.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Brekkie - 01-10-2023

Presumably they also have some kind of presentation set up at the conference (usually Politics Live and probably Newsnight would be there) so surely it would make more sense using that a day early.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 10:07 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Are they broadcasting from directly above the old BBC Breakfast (and current NWT) studio in Quay House? The space has a similar wedge shaped corner.
I'm sure that's the same space that Marr used to use, which is actually the staff canteen. However, the Marr production team at least installed a much better dais, much better coloured lighting, some branded panels and took their own 'travelling furniture'.

From those pictures, that set-up today looks as if it was planned on Friday afternoon in the pub.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - UTVLifer - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 02:30 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I'm sure that's the same space that Marr used to use, which is actually the staff canteen. However, the Marr production team at least installed a much better dais, much better coloured lighting, some branded panels and took their own 'travelling furniture'.

From those pictures, that set-up today looks as if it was planned on Friday afternoon in the pub.

Indeed, I think it is the same space Marr used when the Tory conference was last in Manchester two years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BsBAcgBDQCI 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 01-10-2023

A plasma screen or even a roll up banner with the show’s logo on, would easily have blocked out the ‘itv’ logo, and also added a bit more visual branding to the programme

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - ViridianFan - 01-10-2023

If the breakfast studio was too tight a turn a round but surely the morning live studio could have been an option. I know not on brand but make a point of saying that and at least it’s already set up for guests. I also believe that the conference centre the conservatives are using actually forms part of the view from that studio.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - matthew - 01-10-2023

especially as Morning Live isn't on next couple weeks

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - AM160 - 02-10-2023

Couldn't use breakfast studio.. LK rehearse from about 06.30
Couldn't use NWT studio as politics northwest would be in, and also uses the same gallery as the breakfast studio so the rehearsal issue remains
Can't use morning live studio as its not a BBC news facility and therefor would cost (a lot)

Not suggesting what was done was brilliant, just explaining why the alternatives suggested wouldn't work

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - AaronLancs - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 01:35 PM)AM160 Wrote:  Couldn't use breakfast studio.. LK rehearse from about 06.30
Couldn't use NWT studio as politics northwest would be in, and also uses the same gallery as the breakfast studio so the rehearsal issue remains
Can't use morning live studio as its not a BBC news facility and therefor would cost (a lot)

Not suggesting what was done was brilliant, just explaining why the alternatives suggested wouldn't work

Doesn't Politics North West and by extension all the other regional Politics programmes record on a Friday afternoon for a Sunday broadcast? I'm sure of it. Unless there has been a thing to have them all come live all of a sudden.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - steve - 02-10-2023

Politics North West is virtually always live on a Sunday morning - one of the few that is, presumably because it uses the same crew as Sunday Breakfast.