Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 27-04-2024

This show does seem obsessed with overloading the line up

Presumably they think people won’t tune it for one or two names, but if there are regularly at least six, people might have someone they are interested in and tune in

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Keith - 28-04-2024

(27-04-2024, 09:55 PM)Andrew Wrote:  This show does seem obsessed with overloading the line up

Presumably they think people won’t tune it for one or two names, but if there are regularly at least six, people might have someone they are interested in and tune in
I think it's the downside of the loss of the national edition of Sunday Politics. With two big stories happening over the past couple days (Tory MP defection and Scottish vote of no confidence) I think two additional interviews were added last minute.

Arguably it would have made sense to extend today's programme by at least 15 minutes, or possibly half hour. Then hopefully a smooth opt back in on the News Channel would be possible.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Spencer - 28-04-2024

There appears to be a new curved panel in front of the desk this morning…

Due to the convex curve, you rarely see the full programme name/logo on it, and you can clearly see the existing curved screen on the desk switched off, which looks like a fault in many shots in which you can’t see the new panel.

It doesn’t even continue the curve of the desk to make it into a nice circle, which might have made some sort of sense aesthetically. Instead, it’s more of an eye shape.

It doesn’t appear to achieve anything, and certainly doesn’t look great. I’m not sure what the point was in adding this.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Scarbados - 28-04-2024

(28-04-2024, 09:54 AM)Spencer Wrote:  There appears to be a new curved panel in front of the desk this morning…

Due to the convex curve, you rarely see the full programme name/logo on it, and you can clearly see the existing curved screen on the desk switched off, which looks like a fault in many shots in which you can’t see the new panel.

It doesn’t even continue the curve of the desk to make it into a nice circle, which might have made some sort of sense aesthetically. Instead, it’s more of an eye shape.

It doesn’t appear to achieve anything, and certainly doesn’t look great. I’m not sure what the point was in adding this.

Laura said at the start of the programme that is was "the big election desk"

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Spencer - 28-04-2024

(28-04-2024, 09:58 AM)Scarbados Wrote:  Laura said at the start of the programme that is was "the big election desk"

Ah, I missed the beginning. Well they pulled out all the stops for the election, didn’t they? Confused

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - chris - 28-04-2024

It’s probably just to hide additional monitors for the presenter.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Stuart - 29-04-2024

(28-04-2024, 10:50 AM)chris Wrote:  It’s probably just to hide additional monitors for the presenter.
It hides 3 large monitors, and is the same 'add on' feature they have used before for election results.

There is also an extra section to the main desk to make it a semi-circle and allow more people to sit round it. From certain angles you can just about see the join.