Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 05:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(01-09-2022, 05:40 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Will the news update at the start remain

And if it does, will the background in Salford be updated to look like studio B, or still persist with the ancient BBC News backdrop

Am sure it will. The news bulletin has been a staple part of the Sunday morning slot for as long as I can recall.

And oh crikey, let’s hope the background gets updated. It’s such a sort thumb. 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - TMD_24 - 04-09-2022

Looks like they have abandoned the news and weather update at the top of the show. Not sure about the intro, there is something a bit strange and off but the music is actually alright for this type of show.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - UTVLifer - 04-09-2022

Studio B looks brilliant

The titles though, kinda gave me Lorraine vibes

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Keith - 04-09-2022

Sunday with LK is showing how Studio B can look different from the national news. Nice to have to clear background image compared to the old studio B screens. In the interview area it looks like the normal curved catwalk is still there, but with an additional bit slotted in front of it.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew - 04-09-2022

In regards to the format, they seem to have copied the Peston format in terms of having a panel throughout. Particularly noticeable as Emily Thornbery appears on Peston regularly.

Interesting that there is no news update, no weather forecast, no paper review…

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - all new phil - 04-09-2022

Great show. Really enjoyed it.

Particularly pleased they’ve done away with the arts / culture angle which I’ve always found jarring. Never really understood why previous shows would go from an interview with a government minister to a performance from a one-armed Bolivian violinist.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - neonemesis - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 10:31 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Great show. Really enjoyed it.

Particularly pleased they’ve done away with the arts / culture angle which I’ve always found jarring. Never really understood why previous shows would go from an interview with a government minister to a performance from a one-armed Bolivian violinist.

It may be too early to say that - the interview with Mrs Zelensky may have occupied the slot where the aforementioned violinist will be in future…

Good first show, although I miss the paper review - that was a nice way to take the temperature of the political zeitgeist from across the spectrum.

My mum was appalled when LK was announced as the replacement to Marr, having found her combative in her previous role. Mum was pleasantly surprised with the show and will continue to watch. So, nice job, I say…

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - PATV Scunthorpe - 04-09-2022

Here's the first few minutes, I think the continuous line is a nice consistent feature, though I agree the titles feel a little odd at the moment. The lower third is nice, though I still think it's a bit lazy when they animate it on but then fade it off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmKhON59JM 

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Andrew Wood - 04-09-2022

Well as a first broadcast, it's certainly got Twitter lively with people not 'getting' Joe Lycett's deadpan sarcasm.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - all new phil - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 11:01 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Well as a first broadcast, it's certainly got Twitter lively with people not 'getting' Joe Lycett's deadpan sarcasm.

Lycett was a brilliant addition to the show. He did a great job of showing how ridiculous the interviews can be when you more often than not get a series of non-answers.