Pres Café
Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg (/showthread.php?tid=119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Phil - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 09:13 AM)Andrew Wrote:  
(02-10-2022, 09:07 AM)Moz Wrote:  Aren’t those Perspex blocks the old logo?

Presumably besides the chairs and table, the rest of the set elements are made up of whatever BBC Birmingham had lying around

Yes, those blocks are usually sat in the back window of BBC Birmingham, facing the canal.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - London Lite - 02-10-2022

I can't help thinking the show looks better when it's on the road rather than in B.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Moz - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 09:19 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I can't help thinking the show looks better when it's on the road rather than in B.

Really!!? Couldn’t disagree more. I think Studio B looks amazing and think they’ve really let themselves down on the road.

They need a portable tower screen they can take on the road to tie it to B.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Steve in Pudsey - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 12:16 PM)Transmission Wrote:  
(02-10-2022, 08:39 AM)thegeek Wrote:  A good 25-30 seconds of black (with the LK bug) before we had a bit of the News Channel filler, missing the start of the Liz Truss interview.

That's... not great from BBC One. Didn't it used to be the case that a programme with the PM would be Grade One?

Speculation, but as the bug was still on screen the fault may have been between Birmingham and perhaps a gallery in NBH which might have been remotely producing the show. Sometimes in these situations you might give a few more seconds grace than usual to allow the gallery to step in before going to breakdown. But even then it was a very long time, so I can only guess that there must've been something else going on too. An odd one.

Isn't it part of the line up procedure with pres for an OB going through a studio to establish who is going to handle breakdowns? I guess in the event of it happening pres will be listening to production talkback and that will influence when they step in?

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Transmission - 03-10-2022

Yeah, it would usually be mentioned in line-up and you would be not just listening in but also asking the question of whether to step in if it seemed they were struggling.

I have now heard what happened and frustratingly I can't share any of it but it all makes sense and I would say it was just one of those things. I've seen some assumptions elsewhere about what happened that aren't especially relevant.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Keith - 23-10-2022

Sounds like today's edition is also going out on BBC World, based on what Laura mentioned during the opening.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - AJB39 - 23-10-2022

(23-10-2022, 09:04 AM)Keith Wrote:  Sounds like today's edition is also going out on BBC World, based on what Laura mentioned during the opening.

Yes it is, as it was a few weeks ago when Liz Truss was on the programme.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - DTV - 23-10-2022

(23-10-2022, 09:04 AM)Keith Wrote:  Sounds like today's edition is also going out on BBC World, based on what Laura mentioned during the opening.

I did initially think 'seriously? I could understand it if it had Sunak or Johnson on, etc.'. But I'm not actually sure that simulcasting this programme on World all the time would be the worst thing. If there's a place for UK politics stuff on an international channel it is contained in one programme at the weekend. Would it be better if this was in the form of an actual UK politics news programme, sure, but it's not like BBC World's weekend schedule/output is anything to write home about as it is.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - AJB39 - 23-10-2022

I think the programme was on BBC World News this week not because of who was on but because of the tumultuous events of the week just gone. I think it may be on BBC World News next week as well if the new Prime Minister is on as a guest.

RE: Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg - Newsroom - 23-10-2022

(23-10-2022, 11:51 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  I think the programme was on BBC World News this week not because of who was on but because of the tumultuous events of the week just gone. I think it may be on BBC World News next week as well if the new Prime Minister is on as a guest.
If that happens, it'll be the third time a Prime Minister will have appeared on the programme since it began on 4th September.