Pres Café
Newsroom Movers and Shakers - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Newsroom Movers and Shakers (/showthread.php?tid=144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - UTVLifer - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 08:17 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  You were right. She is off to Sky News.

She is joining Sky News as their new Lead World News Presenter

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1684460997354872833?s=46&t=uYc2nILLUU7TByduAbmbxg 

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - Brekkie - 27-07-2023

Glad she's off to a respectable broadcaster - a signing that instantly strengthens Sky's World news coverage.

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - Newsroom - 27-07-2023

I couldn't be happier for her!

Out of all the new Chief Presenters on that hideous channel, Yalda looked the most disappointed at what it's turned into.

She'll be amazing at Sky? Just as she has been at the BBC. My new go to News Channel for sure .

I wonder if this will make the big wigs at BBC News wake up and smell that coffee!

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - i.h - 27-07-2023

It's a few years away, but it seems like a good vote of confidence towards Sky News (ie what Comcast might do when their commitments expire) - no point poaching if you're going to run it down anyway.

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - Newsroom - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 09:33 AM)i.h Wrote:  It's a few years away, but it seems like a good vote of confidence towards Sky News (ie what Comcast might do when their commitments expire) - no point poaching if you're going to run it down anyway.

Indeed it does and investing in superior journalists such as Yalda is a super smart move. I've fully moved over to Sky News other than my daily eye opening sessions with Breakfast but even with the Jon and Sally pairing, interest is waning. I find they behave like they're doing Newsround rather than Breakfast unless they're covering a real news story.

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - Rolling News - 27-07-2023

Her talents will definitely be utilised far more at Sky News. Good on her.

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - House - 27-07-2023

Not a great look for the BBC to lose her so soon after the ‘new’ channel launch. Though her talents always struck me as a bit wasted in the studio in that slot - she is at her best in the field and breaking world news or long-form interviews. The Daily Global feels quite slow and soulless in tempo and agenda compared to News Now/Context, which aren’t great in themselves.

Hopefully they’ll use this as an opportunity to finally use Martine Croxall and the other capable staff who are being employed to twiddle their thumbs…

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - Lester - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 01:23 PM)House Wrote:  Not a great look for the BBC to lose her so soon after the ‘new’ channel launch. Though her talents always struck me as a bit wasted in the studio in that slot - she is at her best in the field and breaking world news or long-form interviews. The Daily Global feels quite slow and soulless in tempo and agenda compared to News Now/Context, which aren’t great in themselves.

Hopefully they’ll use this as an opportunity to finally use Martine Croxall and the other capable staff who are being employed to twiddle their thumbs…
Anyone else think this is a strange move by Sky? They are arguably the only UK news channel now and so they decide to bring more world news to the channel when the BBC is already pursuing this as a part of cost cutting...

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - kookaburra - 27-07-2023

(27-07-2023, 04:46 PM)Lester Wrote:  Anyone else think this is a strange move by Sky? They are arguably the only UK news channel now and so they decide to bring more world news to the channel when the BBC is already pursuing this as a part of cost cutting...
I did think this. Sky’s key value now is comprehensive domestic coverage. I’d be trying to bag a few of the BBC’s more prominent UK focused faces first. 

I’d also be introducing more localism into the pres - London skyline backgrounds in the main studio, titles with some bits from cities across the UK, etc.

RE: Newsroom Movers and Shakers - London Lite - 28-07-2023

My only concern with Yalda's signing is what will happen if there's a big domestic story and they decide to cover it during Yalda's shift.

Are we going to see the return of Yalda going through the motions when covering a story like the recent Schofield scandal which was all clear to see on BBC News that this type of "news" is not what she wants to do as it was clear in her delivery.

I hope the world news slot is an hour long from 9-10pm preferably, which allows Sky to go full on world news and then back to the focus of UK and international news for the rest of the day.