Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 30-11-2022

I used to be the first to complain about channels never changing their schedules, especially at Christmas, but have now seen first hand with my elderly mother how routine can be so important. Being able to get episodes of the afternoon quizzes up on the ITV Hub has been a lifesaver the last couple of weeks.

Airing these on Christmas Morning aren't aimed at those who will be too busy with families on Christmas Day or need to stick the children in front of the TV whilst the turkey is in the oven. It serves an audiences who would otherwise be lonely with some familar faces. The Big Breakfast used to do a pre-recorded Christmas Day show every year (indeed I found myself watching one yesterday) and it set up the day nicely.

CITV and probably ITV2 will be catering for the kids, I suspect ITV3 may have some classic films on - so collectively it makes sense for ITV to focus on their strengths in the morning.

I guess the same argument applies to them airing between Christmas and New Year. It's not like they put films and kids content there now anyway - it's usually daytime filler like the James Martin and Ainsley Harriot shows. Be interesting if they're live or pre-recorded, considering they had a week to pre-record stuff last week whilst off air for the World Cup. If live I suspect it'll be the likes of Josie and Vernon hosting rather than Dermot and Alison. Dermot seems to stick rigidly to Fridays and half terms.

RE: This Morning - Superman1986 - 01-12-2022

Philip Is presenting on his own

RE: This Morning - Ballinagrappa - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 11:08 AM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Philip Is presenting on his own

What's happened to Holly?

RE: This Morning - DeMarkay - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 01:54 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  
(01-12-2022, 11:08 AM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Philip Is presenting on his own

What's happened to Holly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLa6L0pBCg 

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 01-12-2022

Very strange not to get a stand in for a planned day off rather than expecting her to rush back from her childs nativity. Yes, I know they're off all the time as it is (wouldn't be surprised if they finish up next week) but that just feels a bit harsh.

RE: This Morning - Steve in Pudsey - 01-12-2022

Richard Madeley used to present on his own from time to time if Judy wasn't available for whatever reason - including the infamous occasion when the show started early after the The Time The Place "fracas"

RE: This Morning - Yorksman - 01-12-2022

And Fern Britton hosted solo, when the John Leslie thing happened.

RE: This Morning - RDJ - 01-12-2022

Hosting it solo is not as rare as you think.

On top of the times posted above, Fern also hosted it solo when Philip was stuck at home in deep snow.

Holly also has hosted it alone, notably when Philip had his bit of a breakdown as he explained in his book that he released last year. Also when Philip had to leave early to record an interview with Judi Dench.

Philip hosted alone when Holly went to Wimbledon to interview Andy Murray. And Eamonn hosted alone when Ruth was taken to be a last minute host of Loose Women.

Of course it's not ideal for it to be hosted alone, but when it happens on the odd occasion then it's fine.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 02-12-2022

Surely the programme's just making the most of Holly's son's nativity and getting some decent mileage out of it? If she'd just taken the day off, it'd be neither here nor there. Instead though, they've mixed things up a bit, created an engaging situation whereby Holly reports into the show at the opening from her son's school, then appears in the studio later on and talks about it. This allowed them to convey in real time the experience of a parent attending their child's nativity. For the This Morning audience, it's got relatability in spades.

RE: This Morning - VMPhil - 02-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 11:43 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  Surely the programme's just making the most of Holly's son's nativity and getting some decent mileage out of it? If she'd just taken the day off, it'd be neither here nor there. Instead though, they've mixed things up a bit, created an engaging situation whereby Holly reports into the show at the opening from her son's school, then appears in the studio later on and talks about it. This allowed them to convey in real time the experience of a parent attending their child's nativity. For the This Morning audience, it's got relatability in spades.

Yes I assumed Holly would be up for the idea, rather than them forcing her to work as has been suggested?