Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - Kojak - 18-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 04:21 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(16-04-2023, 11:42 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Clickbait. Or, perhaps, they are hinting at something (i.e. Holly and Phillip being ousted by ITV - one can only hope...)
Or perhaps she really does have shingles and it just so happened that it was at the end of the Easter school holidays
She probably does have shingles. My point was that the click bait websites always make a big deal out of something that really isn’t.

RE: This Morning - Joe - 18-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 09:32 AM)Andrew Wrote:  
(16-04-2023, 11:27 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Breaking News!

Holly to miss another week due to having Shingles!

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/holly-willoughby-phillip-schofield-alison-hammond-rochelle-humes-instagram-b1074434.html 

Why are the papers going ape over this piece of information?

The papers ‘go ape’ if a presenter of a daytime show takes a booked day off

Naga Munchetty is replaced in a major shakeup every Sunday
Yes, and the final step in the process is the clickbait being posted here with a comment along the lines of ‘why are the papers reporting this’.

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 05-05-2023

Really nice title sequence for their Coronation Street Party, basically recreating the standard titles but around Weatherfield and a Corrie-esque version of the theme tune.

RE: This Morning - Andrew - 05-05-2023

(05-05-2023, 10:40 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Really nice title sequence for their Coronation Street Party, basically recreating the standard titles but around Weatherfield and a Corrie-esque version of the theme tune.
https://twitter.com/thismorning/status/1654413293161787392?s=61&t=kptLwExk3JvpOgvZYNMnYw 

Of course in real life there is no ident before This Morning!

RE: This Morning - JamesWorldNews - 12-05-2023

If the papers (and Dan Wooten) are to be believed, it seems the golden era of Holly and Phil is about to come to an end, with Phil himself hinting at difficult times behind the scenes.

I know this could be considered as nothing more than tabloid speculation, but when such speculation starts to overshadow the show itself, something is bound to “give”.

I definitely detect the “connection” between the two isn’t as intimate or close as it’s been over the years. There is definitely an awkwardness that wasn’t there before.

I’m available, if you’re listening, Martin.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 03:50 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  If the papers (and Dan Wooten) are to be believed, it seems the golden era of Holly and Phil is about to come to an end, with Phil himself hinting at difficult times behind the scenes.

I know this could be considered as nothing more than tabloid speculation,  but when such speculation starts to overshadow the show itself, something is bound to “give”.

I definitely detect the “connection” between the two isn’t as intimate or close as it’s been over the years. There is definitely an awkwardness that wasn’t there before.

I’m available, if you’re listening, Martin.

The word "if" is doing a LOT of heavy lifting there...

Read Phillip Schofield's statement, not the confected reportage it's extremely loosely based on.

The tabloids attempted to advance this entirely false narrative a few years ago. It was baseless then and it's baseless now.

RE: This Morning - nwtv2003 - 12-05-2023

It all seems one big mess right now. I think the likes of D** W****** and The S*n have their own agenda in addition rumours doing the rounds which don’t paint them in a good light either. But you also got the sense all isn’t well either, to issue a statement to say everything is okay is almost like when a football club says they’ve got every faith in their manager before sacking them a week later.

I’m not saying that’s going to happen here, but you feel they’re not as golden as they once were, and the feedback from the queue jumping incident I feel was the nail in the coffin for them.

RE: This Morning - Keith - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 09:59 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  It all seems one big mess right now. I think the likes of D** W****** and The S*n have their own agenda in addition rumours doing the rounds which don’t paint them in a good light either.
It wouldn't surprise me if the tabloids have been focussing on this narrative because of either...
a) a past falling out between one or both presenters and certain reporters/newspapers.
b) an injunction or super-injunction is preventing them from reporting on a more juicier story.
c) former junior staff on This Morning who feel they were badly treated are now working at the tabloids.
d) the tabloids have nothing better to do.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 10:57 AM)Keith Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 09:59 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  It all seems one big mess right now. I think the likes of D** W****** and The S*n have their own agenda in addition rumours doing the rounds which don’t paint them in a good light either.
It wouldn't surprise me if the tabloids have been focussing on this narrative because of either...
a) a past falling out between one or both presenters and certain reporters/newspapers.
b) an injunction or super-injunction is preventing them from reporting on a more juicier story.
c) former junior staff on This Morning who feel they were badly treated are now working at the tabloids.
d) the tabloids have nothing better to do.

I'm definitely going for option D...

There's a much more balanced report on Phillip Schofield's statement here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65569337 

RE: This Morning - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 12-05-2023

It feels like we've been predicting the ''end'' of Phillip & Holly for about 5 years. It's the new ''This is the final nail in the coffin for Radio 2'' which originated in the mid 00's.