Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - Kojak - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 09:34 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 03:50 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  If the papers (and Dan Wooten) are to be believed, it seems the golden era of Holly and Phil is about to come to an end, with Phil himself hinting at difficult times behind the scenes.

I know this could be considered as nothing more than tabloid speculation,  but when such speculation starts to overshadow the show itself, something is bound to “give”.

I definitely detect the “connection” between the two isn’t as intimate or close as it’s been over the years. There is definitely an awkwardness that wasn’t there before.

I’m available, if you’re listening, Martin.

The word "if" is doing a LOT of heavy lifting there...

Read Phillip Schofield's statement, not the confected reportage it's extremely loosely based on.

The tabloids attempted to advance this entirely false narrative a few years ago. It was baseless then and it's baseless now.
Not sure it's 'entirely false'... there may or may not be things going on. I won't say any more but Google is your best friend here.

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 12-05-2023

Dan Wooten clearly still has that axe to grind with ITV Daytime. I suspect though there is some truth in Holly now being willing to continue This Morning without him rather than keeping their pact to leave together as frankly she has the next 20 years of her career to think about and history shows that women who step away from such shows in their 40s or later don't get many opportunities to maintain their career and profile.

(12-05-2023, 12:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Dan Wooten clearly still has that axe to grind with ITV Daytime.  I suspect though there is some truth in Holly now being willing to continue This Morning without him rather than keeping their pact to leave together as frankly she has the next 20 years of her career to think about and history shows that women who step away from such shows in their 40s or later don't get many opportunities to maintain their career and profile.
He definitely does - but perhaps with good reason? Can't believe I'm defending Dan Wootton, but he may well know, or be aware of, things that put Phil in a bad light - things that may be covered with an injunction, so he can only hint at.

RE: This Morning - XIII - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 12:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Dan Wooten clearly still has that axe to grind with ITV Daytime.  I suspect though there is some truth in Holly now being willing to continue This Morning without him rather than keeping their pact to leave together as frankly she has the next 20 years of her career to think about and history shows that women who step away from such shows in their 40s or later don't get many opportunities to maintain their career and profile.

Holly by her own admission turned down a lot of other TV work while her kids were still young but now they're older, she's know can pick and choose projects away from This Morning. 

I think Holly probably want to take helm of This Morning much like how in the US, Live With... started out as Regis Philbin's show but when he retired, it became Kelly Ripa's show.

RE: This Morning - freeview87 - 12-05-2023

Philips own statement confirms things haven't been easy for him and Holly, which adds weight to things not well between the pair.

Have we heard from Holly yet?

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 11:41 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 09:34 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  The word "if" is doing a LOT of heavy lifting there...

Read Phillip Schofield's statement, not the confected reportage it's extremely loosely based on.

The tabloids attempted to advance this entirely false narrative a few years ago. It was baseless then and it's baseless now.
Not sure it's 'entirely false'... there may or may not be things going on. I won't say any more but Google is your best friend here.

As a journalist, I would never rely on Google! If there's any actual proof of these entirely unsubstantiated claims, I'm absolutely open to seeing it.

(12-05-2023, 02:10 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Philips own statement confirms things haven't been easy for him and Holly, which adds weight to things not well between the pair.

It doesn't, though. It demonstrably doesn't. Things haven't been easy for Phillip due to his brother's court case, things haven't been easy for Holly because she's had shingles. Absolutely nothing to suggest problems with their relationship. That's just a bogus tabloid extrapolation for clicks.

RE: This Morning - Larry the Loafer - 12-05-2023

I'm more than happy for mods to remove this post if needs be, but I'll be intentionally vague so as not to rock the boat too much. There are rumours (albeit none backed up with any hard evidence) that injunctions are in place until this summer, according to an individual on YouTube. So, if there is anything going on that's true, that'll be why there's no official source to rely on. It does seem funny that this story is cropping up as that time gets nearer, almost as if Holly wants to distance herself from anything that might come out in the near future.

(12-05-2023, 02:50 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I'm more than happy for mods to remove this post if needs be, but I'll be intentionally vague so as not to rock the boat too much. There are rumours (albeit none backed up with any hard evidence) that injunctions are in place until this summer, according to an individual on YouTube. So, if there is anything going on that's true, that'll be why there's no official source to rely on. It does seem funny that this story is cropping up as that time gets nearer, almost as if Holly wants to distance herself from anything that might come out in the near future.

I'm not convinced "according to an individual on YouTube" would be accepted as a libel defence.

(12-05-2023, 02:43 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 11:41 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Not sure it's 'entirely false'... there may or may not be things going on. I won't say any more but Google is your best friend here.

As a journalist, I would never rely on Google! If there's any actual proof of these entirely unsubstantiated claims, I'm absolutely open to seeing it.

Ok, Phil. You can stop hiding now.

In all seriousness, no, I wouldn't expect a journalist to write a story based on what they found on Google... but if they did find inflammatory claims about the subject, I would expect them to ask around and try to find out whether or not they are true.

(12-05-2023, 02:43 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 02:10 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Philips own statement confirms things haven't been easy for him and Holly, which adds weight to things not well between the pair.

It doesn't, though. It demonstrably doesn't. Things haven't been easy for Phillip due to his brother's court case, things haven't been easy for Holly because she's had shingles. Absolutely nothing to suggest problems with their relationship. That's just a bogus tabloid extrapolation for clicks.
You don't know that. None of us do. The fact that he's put out a statement in the first place says a lot, I think. Surely if it really were all sunshine and lollipops on planet Schofield, he wouldn't have responded to any such tabloid stories?

(12-05-2023, 02:59 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 02:43 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  As a journalist, I would never rely on Google! If there's any actual proof of these entirely unsubstantiated claims, I'm absolutely open to seeing it.

Ok, Phil. You can stop hiding now.

In all seriousness, no, I wouldn't expect a journalist to write a story based on what they found on Google... but if they did find inflammatory claims about the subject, I would expect them to ask around and try to find out whether or not they are true.

(12-05-2023, 02:43 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  It doesn't, though. It demonstrably doesn't. Things haven't been easy for Phillip due to his brother's court case, things haven't been easy for Holly because she's had shingles. Absolutely nothing to suggest problems with their relationship. That's just a bogus tabloid extrapolation for clicks.
You don't know that. None of us do. The fact that he's put out a statement in the first place says a lot, I think. Surely if it really were all sunshine and lollipops on planet Schofield, he wouldn't have responded to any such tabloid stories?

If I was having lies published about me, I would feel compelled to correct the record publicly.