Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - freeview87 - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 03:02 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 02:59 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Ok, Phil. You can stop hiding now.

In all seriousness, no, I wouldn't expect a journalist to write a story based on what they found on Google... but if they did find inflammatory claims about the subject, I would expect them to ask around and try to find out whether or not they are true.

You don't know that. None of us do. The fact that he's put out a statement in the first place says a lot, I think. Surely if it really were all sunshine and lollipops on planet Schofield, he wouldn't have responded to any such tabloid stories?

If I was having lies published about me, I would feel compelled to correct the record publicly.
But the standard with tittle tattle that was published doesn't usually follow with an OTT statement to a newspaper. You'd expect them to laugh it away when next on screen together

RE: This Morning - Kojak - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 03:02 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 02:59 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Ok, Phil. You can stop hiding now.

In all seriousness, no, I wouldn't expect a journalist to write a story based on what they found on Google... but if they did find inflammatory claims about the subject, I would expect them to ask around and try to find out whether or not they are true.

You don't know that. None of us do. The fact that he's put out a statement in the first place says a lot, I think. Surely if it really were all sunshine and lollipops on planet Schofield, he wouldn't have responded to any such tabloid stories?

If I was having lies published about me, I would feel compelled to correct the record publicly.
A story claiming that you don’t get on with your co host is hardly an egregious one. Yes, I can imagine it would be annoying, but hardly anything to get worked up about.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 03:05 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 03:02 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  If I was having lies published about me, I would feel compelled to correct the record publicly.
A story claiming that you don’t get on with your co host is hardly an egregious one. Yes, I can imagine it would be annoying, but hardly anything to get worked up about.

In your opinion. Clearly he feels differently and wishes to correct the record. As would I.

RE: This Morning - Larry the Loafer - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 02:53 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 02:50 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I'm more than happy for mods to remove this post if needs be, but I'll be intentionally vague so as not to rock the boat too much. There are rumours (albeit none backed up with any hard evidence) that injunctions are in place until this summer, according to an individual on YouTube. So, if there is anything going on that's true, that'll be why there's no official source to rely on. It does seem funny that this story is cropping up as that time gets nearer, almost as if Holly wants to distance herself from anything that might come out in the near future.

I'm not convinced "according to an individual on YouTube" would be accepted as a libel defence.

I think I made it pretty clear that whatever unspecified rumours are circulating are to be taken with a pinch of salt, just that this "story about nothing" is coming out at a curious time in relation to what "an individual on YouTube" has stated.

(12-05-2023, 03:20 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 02:53 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  I'm not convinced "according to an individual on YouTube" would be accepted as a libel defence.

I think I made it pretty clear that whatever unspecified rumours are circulating are to be taken with a pinch of salt, just that this "story about nothing" is coming out at a curious time in relation to what "an individual on YouTube" has stated.

You're trading in innuendo, which is what the bulk of this conversation is based on. Any concrete facts, I'll happily engage with them.

RE: This Morning - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 03:14 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 03:05 PM)Kojak Wrote:  A story claiming that you don’t get on with your co host is hardly an egregious one. Yes, I can imagine it would be annoying, but hardly anything to get worked up about.

In your opinion. Clearly he feels differently and wishes to correct the record. As would I.

Surely if anyone should feel an urgent need to correct the record it would be Holly? seeing as the story is about her wanting to distance herself for him. The fact it was not her, or even a joint statement, is what's raising eyebrows.

(12-05-2023, 05:08 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 03:14 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  In your opinion. Clearly he feels differently and wishes to correct the record. As would I.

Surely if anyone should feel an urgent need to correct the record it would be Holly? seeing as the story is about her wanting to distance herself for him. The fact it was not her, or even a joint statement, is what's raising eyebrows.

The stories pertain to both of them, not just Holly.

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 12-05-2023

Has Holly hosted with Craig Doyle yet? I get the impression Dermot isn't particularly interested in doing more so I'd be surprised if he took the role full time.

Joel Dommett guest hosting a couple of weeks back was interesting too. Felt very random and seems unlikely the sort of gig he'd do full time, but often these seemingly random guest stints aren't without purpose - though might be with a week in the summer rather than the full time gig in mind.

RE: This Morning - JamesWorldNews - 12-05-2023

No comparison, whatsoever. There’s a genuine connection here.

https://youtu.be/cnuQqwOnoOU 

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 12-05-2023

Noteable they've not used Phil and Holly (or Dermot and Alison) in promos for weeks - it's always Gyles with "guest the guest".

They don't seem to do random Friday hosts now as if Dermot and Alison host the week they don't get Fridays off now, but wouldn't be a bad idea to give Gyles and Carol a Friday episode over the summer. A week of them might be a bit much.