Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - eyeTV - 13-05-2023

The tabloids obsession over who is presenting This Morning is really relentless. Lets face it they've had it in for Holly & Phil for a long time, seems they are determined to cause one or the other to leave. Then they'll go on to their next target.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 02:21 PM)cando Wrote:  
(13-05-2023, 02:16 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  Yes, tabloids never print lies.

None of this is from tabloids though.

It literally is.

RE: This Morning - London Lite - 13-05-2023

I've watched some clips on YouTube of last week's Holly & Phil. Clearly they're still being professional, but there's zero chemistry there compared to when both of them were at their peak in the 2010s. Think the Alan Partridge/Jennie Gresham paring from This Time, but it's real rather than fiction.

Now compare that to Dermot and Alison on Friday. They really do seem to gel together and their body language shows their friendship.

To be honest, I've never been a fan of the Phil & Holly pairing, it was designed to boost Phil's tenure on This Morning after Fern Britton left and Holly was a willing participant in it, but clearly she wants to enhance her career and the moment the pair were accused of queue jumping, the shine went from both of them which has devalued both of their worth as presenters. So I think Holly is trying to damage control it by not being so friendly with Phil to preserve her career.

RE: This Morning - JamesWorldNews - 13-05-2023

It’s worth noting, the alleged “frosty” relationship is not just reported in the tabloids. Other news outlets are also carrying the story.

ITV will have to address this in one way or another tomorrow. Perhaps both presenters will be rested for a few days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65569337 

RE: This Morning - Scrotnig - 13-05-2023

I read Philip’s statement as relating to the situation with his brother - which let’s face it must be horrific - and Holly having shingles - which is also horrific.

Unless there’s some other legitimate source for all this, I’m only seeing the media smelling blood and going for it. Again. To be honest my opinion of tabloid media couldn’t be much lower after Covid so maybe I’m biased.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I read Philip’s statement as relating to the situation with his brother - which let’s face it must be horrific - and Holly having shingles - which is also horrific.

Unless there’s some other legitimate source for all this, I’m only seeing the media smelling blood and going for it. Again. To be honest my opinion of tabloid media couldn’t be much lower after Covid so maybe I’m biased.

Exactly.

RE: This Morning - Johnr - 14-05-2023

The dreaded Daily Mail claim the friendship is now ‘done and dusted’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12080691/EXCLUSIVE-15-years-Holly-Willoughby-cuts-ties-host-Phillip-Schofield.html 

Personally I’ve never really had an issue with Phillip, went to see a recording of The Cube several years ago and he came across as a decent guy even when the cameras weren’t rolling but each to their own I suppose!

Maybe the BBC could poach him for a revival of Winning Lines…

RE: This Morning - Andrew - 14-05-2023

They are just running the same story over and over again every day to try and make it become true, it’s what the tabloids do

RE: This Morning - VMPhil - 14-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I read Philip’s statement as relating to the situation with his brother - which let’s face it must be horrific - and Holly having shingles - which is also horrific.

Indeed. Having myself personally experienced a family member go through the misery of having shingles, the after effects of which and pain never go away and lasted until the end of her life, what Holly is going through is no laughing matter.

Honestly, I expect more from this forum. The last few pages of this thread filled with sensationalist rubbish that Dan Wooten would be proud of, would be more suited to the likes of Digital Spy. 

The media coverage screams of the usual British trait of trying to bring someone down after helping them become successful.

RE: This Morning - Pips2022 - 14-05-2023

I love how people on here sneer about the tabloids but are willing to believe half-baked rumours about TV posted by other members which never come to anything.

The fact Phillip issued a statement late on Thursday elevated this whole affair. A lot of the coverage- most of it in the tabloids- seems entirely legitimate given that he himself has commented on it.

Something very interesting is taking place at the heart of This Morning, but folks here are missing it in their attacks on the British media. London Lite above (in his last sentence) has worked out what I’m told is going on.