Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - Kojak - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 08:37 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  I love how people on here sneer about the tabloids but are willing to believe half-baked rumours about TV posted by other members which never come to anything.

The fact Phillip issued a statement late on Thursday elevated this whole affair. A lot of the coverage- most of it in the tabloids- seems entirely legitimate given that he himself has commented on it.

Something very interesting is taking place at the heart of This Morning, but folks here are missing it in their attacks on the British media. London Lite above (in his last sentence) has worked out what I’m told is going on.
Completely agree. I think some people here are that blinded by their love of TV that they think everyone on it is infallible. Look, I loathe Dan Wootton, for many reasons - but he was part of ITV daytime for years, alongside Schofield. Do you not think that perhaps - just perhaps - he knows much more than he can let on? The reason he, and some of us here, are being so vague about the goings-on at This Morning is that there may or may not be injunctions in place. I can't and won't say any more because I don't want to see this thread get closed.

RE: This Morning - Otis Crump - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 08:37 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  I love how people on here sneer about the tabloids but are willing to believe half-baked rumours about TV posted by other members which never come to anything.

The fact Phillip issued a statement late on Thursday elevated this whole affair. A lot of the coverage- most of it in the tabloids- seems entirely legitimate given that he himself has commented on it.

Something very interesting is taking place at the heart of This Morning, but folks here are missing it in their attacks on the British media. London Lite above (in his last sentence) has worked out what I’m told is going on.

Please set out clearly what folks here are missing and make your response evidence based.

RE: This Morning - VMPhil - 14-05-2023

Rumours - doesn’t matter how strongly you believe them, they are still rumours, and pretty tawdry rumours at that which don’t really need discussing in great detail on this forum.

RE: This Morning - Keith - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 09:26 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 09:21 AM)Kojak Wrote:  I'm starting to think you are baiting us to try and get this thread closed. Just Google 'Phillip Schofield rumours', and find out for yourself. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Nope. That's just an entirely false narrative you're attempting to advance, to distract from the fact there's no evidence.
From what I understand of the rumours it was interesting to note this 'exclusive' published today, albeit in the Mail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12080825/Young-man-worked-Morning-close-Phillip-Schofield-left-ITV-mysteriously.html .  Though the person isn't named it does seem to fit in rather conveniently with the online rumours, though presumably cleared legal.

I think even if one or both of them where already planning to leave later in the year when their current contracts expired the narrative has already been set by press as to what the 'reason' will be.

RE: This Morning - Kojak - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 09:42 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Rumours - doesn’t matter how strongly you believe them, they are still rumours, and pretty tawdry rumours at that which don’t really need discussing in great detail on this forum.
Which is precisely why we're not discussing them in great detail on this forum. Again, Google is your friend here. I'm saying nowt.

RE: This Morning - Humphrey Hacker - 14-05-2023

This Morning has been on the air since 1988. It has survived presenter changes and format changes and has become an integral part of ITV's schedules. Whatever may or may not be happening behind the scenes it will continue.

RE: This Morning - Pips2022 - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 09:10 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  

Please set out clearly what folks here are missing and make your response evidence based.
I’m referring to the general alleged falling-out between H and P, rather than what’s in the Mail today- although that probably feeds into it.

RE: This Morning - JamesWorldNews - 14-05-2023

Aside from the last few pages of discussion on the Holly and Phil situation, isn’t it anyway - regardless of whether they stay or go - time for a refresh of the programme anyway?

I know TM is a successful formula and, as the adage goes, if it ain’t broke, etc, but the programme feels very tired to me. I wasn’t a fan in the beginning, but Alison and Dermot bring a dose of energy on a Friday. The Monday to Thursday sessions feel dull to me, and that might be nothing to do with Holly and Phil, but just time for an update of some sort.

The programme has to appeal to a wide age range, so perhaps the correct formula is to have a wider rotation of presenters (a bit like Loose Women), and a different pairing or overlapped pairing every day?

Are the viewers tuning-in for the content or for the presenters? Or a blend of both?

Perhaps it could go Nationwide and economically be hosted from one of the four nations each day, with Alison and Dermot from London on a Friday. Using existing ITV regional infrastructure and real estate, and well known enough regional names. (Who would probably be cheaper than the current stars…….)

Food for thought.

RE: This Morning - Scrotnig - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 11:44 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Aside from the last few pages of discussion on the Holly and Phil situation, isn’t it anyway - regardless of whether they stay or go - time for a refresh of the programme anyway?

I know TM is a successful formula and, as the adage goes, if it ain’t broke, etc, but the programme feels very tired to me. I wasn’t a fan in the beginning, but Alison and Dermot bring a dose of energy on a Friday. The Monday to Thursday sessions feel dull to me, and that might be nothing to do with Holly and Phil, but just time for an update of some sort.

The programme has to appeal to a wide age range, so perhaps the correct formula is to have a wider rotation of presenters (a bit like Loose Women), and a different pairing or overlapped pairing every day?

Are the viewers tuning-in for the content or for the presenters? Or a blend of both?

Perhaps it could go Nationwide and economically be hosted from one of the four nations each day, with Alison and Dermot from London on a Friday. Using existing ITV regional infrastructure and real estate, and well known enough regional names. (Who would probably be cheaper than the current stars…….)

Food for thought.
I dunno. If it’s still pulling in the viewers, does it need changing?

It’s a very safe format…but that has always been part of its appeal.

RE: This Morning - Pips2022 - 14-05-2023

Following on from JamesWorldNews’s point, think how much ITV would save on ‘talent’ pay if they used regional news faces as stand-ins. It seems ridiculous until you remember what Richard and Judy originally were.

It’s funny to recall their stand-ins until the mid-1990s were even more anonymous- essentially a male and female pairing who just *looked* a bit like them. (Stephen Rhodes and ?). I doubt the ratings dipped.