Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - Scrotnig - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Following on from JamesWorldNews’s point, think how much ITV would save on ‘talent’ pay if they used regional news faces as stand-ins. It seems ridiculous until you remember what Richard and Judy originally were.

It’s funny to recall their stand-ins until the mid-1990s were even more anonymous- essentially a male and female pairing who just *looked* a bit like them. (Stephen Rhodes and ?). I doubt the ratings dipped.
One such stand in pairing from the Liverpool era of the show was Richard Bath and a certain Anna Soubry. Don’t ask me why that sticks in my mind.

RE: This Morning - Andrew - 14-05-2023

The tabloids wouldn’t have been able to run a report in the print version of their papers at how “Viewers were SHOCKED as This Morning is presented by UNKNOWN presenters”

As we know a presenter signed up to present for one week in August is big news now

RE: This Morning - Admin PC - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 09:42 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Rumours - doesn’t matter how strongly you believe them, they are still rumours, and pretty tawdry rumours at that which don’t really need discussing in great detail on this forum.
Correct.

A number of recent posts have been removed from this thread.

If you want to enter into a discussion about the personal lives of presenters, take it somewhere else.  Our forum rules are very clear about this.

Yes, the speculation in the media about the working relationship between Holly and Phillip has implications for This Morning.  The broad story can still be referred to in this thread without entering into a discussion about the allegations being made.

RE: This Morning - Alf Stewart - 14-05-2023

So in a nutshell what I gather from that 'article' posted on the previous page, two members of staff who were friendly fell out and one member of staff essentially moved to a different department. The story of thousands of workplaces the world over every single day. Not sure what there is to see here....

RE: This Morning - Scrotnig - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 12:01 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The tabloids wouldn’t have been able to run a report in the print version of their papers at home “Viewers were SHOCKED as This Morning is presented by UNKNOWN presenters”

As we know a presenter signed up to present for one week in August is big news now
They’ve got worse in recent years.

When a presenter goes on holiday for a week they are “replaced”, “quit” or even “axed”.

I really hate most tabloid media.

RE: This Morning - Kojak - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 11:56 AM)Scrotnig Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Following on from JamesWorldNews’s point, think how much ITV would save on ‘talent’ pay if they used regional news faces as stand-ins. It seems ridiculous until you remember what Richard and Judy originally were.

It’s funny to recall their stand-ins until the mid-1990s were even more anonymous- essentially a male and female pairing who just *looked* a bit like them. (Stephen Rhodes and ?). I doubt the ratings dipped.
One such stand in pairing from the Liverpool era of the show was Richard Bath and a certain Anna Soubry. Don’t ask me why that sticks in my mind.
I’m certain Anna Soubry also presented with Haig Gordon (of STV and, latterly, London Tonight) - who happened to be her husband.

RE: This Morning - Alf Stewart - 14-05-2023

(14-05-2023, 12:07 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 12:01 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The tabloids wouldn’t have been able to run a report in the print version of their papers at home “Viewers were SHOCKED as This Morning is presented by UNKNOWN presenters”

When a presenter goes on holiday for a week they are “replaced”, “quit” or even “axed”.

I think what's most frustrating is that people are actually paid to write drivel like that!

RE: This Morning - Andrew - 14-05-2023

Just wait until Phil does stand down
- an article about him standing down, one’s about how viewers aren’t happy, dozens confirming 100% who the next host will be out of about 15 people, some being deliberately divisive to generate clicks…

… then one actually confirming it, one’s trying to get dirt on them, one announcing the ‘exact date’ the new host will start, one’s saying viewers aren’t happy, one’s saying the ratings have fallen (generally cherry picking unusually high and low editions for comparison), and then one saying he is quitting the show and being replaced (for one week at October half term)

RE: This Morning - JAS84 - 14-05-2023

Yeah... the amount of times I see headlines saying something like "Loose Women Axed" - when it's actually just pre-empted for horse racing and will be back next week.

RE: This Morning - Brekkie - 14-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 02:34 PM)AaronTV Wrote:  The crisis talks reports do appear like a load of standard tabloid guff, but Holly not releasing her own statement following Phil’s and ITV allegedly refusing to confirm they would both be presenting on Monday is a little telling.
"Crisis talks" is usually code for "weekly team meeting". And Holly saying anything would only add fuel to the flames.

(14-05-2023, 12:48 AM)Andrew Wrote:  They are just running the same story over and over again every day to try and make it become true, it’s what the tabloids do
Exactly - one story would suffice but they'll run a dozen and each paper will reprint them with only the other paper as their "source".

We saw the extremes of it it with Harry last weekend - the Express ran something like 60 stories and all he did was arrive, walk into the Abbey, chat with Princess Anne and leave again.