Pres Café
This Morning - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: This Morning (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: This Morning - Blubatt - 22-09-2022

(22-09-2022, 04:02 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  
(22-09-2022, 03:26 PM)XIII Wrote:  I do struggle with how anyone in their right mind would think an online petition can be used to terminate employment? ITV wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they sacked Holly and Phil just because a small section of people wanted them gone.

Good, they deserve to be sacked, let's not forget the poor treatment of Ruth Langsford when Phil rudely cut her off when they did a live link with Loose Women and the fact that they disliked both Eamonn and Ruth led the decision for Eamonn to quit This Morning.

The sooner Phil and Holly are gone, the sooner we can move on

Who put a bee in your bonnet, BBCMeridian? I think you're being inordinantly aggressive, which isn't wanted or needed, as much as I agree with you that they should go, albeit they should choose to resign.

RE: This Morning - Frappé - 22-09-2022

Thread locked pending further review later.

RE: This Morning - Admin PC - 22-09-2022

Let's leave the Phillip/Holly discussion there everyone. Ultimately, this is a presentation/branding forum. Whilst general programme-related discussion is permitted, this thread is at times descending to a level of debate that's not welcome here.

If you wish to continue to discuss the current Phillip/Holly situation, please do so elsewhere.

And to those that have been expressing themselves in an aggressive/confrontational manner, please think before you post.

RE: This Morning - Alan de Robson - 24-09-2022

Apologies to you, Admin PC, but I've just rocked into this thread late on and after an insomniac night. I hope this contribution is in line with your announcement.

I have no feelings either way on the subject but remember when Phil Schofield did that 24hr marathon for some charity I forgot? The lad has stamina.

It would have been brilliant TV for Holly and Phil to stand in the queue with the great unwashed with a film crew. They could've presented the show live from the queue, had additional scheduled programs to cover their experience and transmitted it live on ITV Player. 12-18 hours of original live programming.

Now I would have tuned in for some of that.

RE: This Morning - Steve in Pudsey - 24-09-2022

The 24 Hour marathon was for ITV's Text Santa. That was pretty well structured with content and guests.

I can't imagine there being enough going on to sustain the kind of broadcast you're suggesting, with just the same group of folk either side of them in the queue to interview and limited amounts of appropriate VT to cut to.

I'm sure there will be several YouTube videos from others vlogging there queue experience

RE: This Morning - Alan de Robson - 24-09-2022

(24-09-2022, 09:55 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The 24 Hour marathon was for ITV's Text Santa.  That was pretty well structured with content and guests.

I can't imagine there being enough going on to sustain the kind of broadcast you're suggesting, with just the same group of folk either side of them in the queue to interview and limited amounts of appropriate VT to cut to.

I'm sure there will be several YouTube videos from others vlogging there queue experience
Good points well made Steve.

I've had some sleep since but when I wrote this earlier, the same concern about the people ahead and behind came to mind.

As H&P would have had wristbands, they would have had relative freedom to move up and down the queue. Celebs could have been brought to H&P's place in the queue for an interview.

You probably see in this and my previous post why I have never bothered approaching commissioning editors.

RE: This Morning - Admin PC - 24-09-2022

Folks, can we please steer clear of any further Phillip/Holly/The Queue discussion - no matter how innocuous the references may be. There are many other outlets where you can discuss the subject - but this is not the place for it.

Should ITV make any further announcements in relation to the presenters/programme, feel free to reference it here. But please do not enter into any further discussion about the rights/wrongs of the queue incident or how that segment could've been better handled etc.

Presentation-related/general discussion about the programme is fine - but "Queuegate" is out of bounds.

RE: This Morning - TJTSW - 27-09-2022

Did anyone see or catch todays intro with the theme music being played by a harp? Shame the titles didn’t really match it, it’s on the itv hub I’m not that clever to screen clip it but worth a look

RE: This Morning - JamesWorldNews - 27-09-2022

Alison Hammond 20 years????

Wow. That crept up out of nowhere. I would never have guessed she’d done 20 years on the show.

It was memorable to see all three ex-BB contestants presenting together today. (Alison, Josie, Kate).

RE: This Morning - Milkshake - 12-10-2022

The news is spread like wild fire thought the media outlets, Via the bookies that Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield are set to leave This Morning.  Trouble here is, it's like everyone is just doing Chinese whispers, but it would be an interesting development as we get a new set of hosts.