Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - WillPS - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:42 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 04:40 PM)Frances Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 04:36 PM)ALV Wrote:  If anyone's interested in seeing how WN joined NC - they dropped a package and Lucy Hockings just "abruptly" said "We now join my colleagues on the BBC News Channel" with ZERO context on what's the breaking news... Then they joined Studio E's feed (output on output) which is in the middle of a live interview and Joanna Gosling announced the news a couple of seconds later...
https://twitter.com/BrandGraffismo/status/1567869111081861120?s=20&t=zrR3dNIsklVvKep7Xs-hzA 

Will this become the normal after that NC-World ‘merger’?

That's nothing special or new, they've joined up like that for breaking news on many occasions over the past few years. 

Even on normal days they simulcast more than they aren't, and even more so during Covid
That was a much rougher join up than those I've seen before though. Usually they wait for the News Channel feed to go quiet so they can greet viewers or at least drop them at the start of the actual newsflash.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:45 PM)dvboy Wrote:  ITV News special from 17:00
https://twitter.com/tvukzone/status/1567901144793419778 

Yeah, that could be seen as another pretty conclusive hint the big news is coming at 6.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Keith - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:40 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 04:25 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Sounds strange for those stations to be taking IRN at those times rather than in house news teams?

Smooth Chill doesn't carry news (but does things like Rememberance Day, albeit in a very minimal form).

It could have been nothing but it's not a noise I've ever heard on there before - could be an engineer preparing something perhaps.

I'm sure in the fullness of time we'll hear raw output from IRN.
I sometimes hear those beeps on our community radio when someone's left the volume up on the news feed.

At risk of speculating it's possible that one or more radio station may have decided to urgently test their IRN feed to check it's working. It wouldn't surprise me if a few stations revert to news feeds when the Queen eventually passes for at least a few hours.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Stooky Bill - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:43 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  On the assumption that this does result in the news were are anticipating - that's two occasions where we've moved forum and had a significant obit in short order

and it's actually woken up this forum at last.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Chud - 08-09-2022

Clive Myrie on now taking over from Huw. Huw will probably be back for the news at six.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - lhx1985 - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:52 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 04:40 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 04:25 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Sounds strange for those stations to be taking IRN at those times rather than in house news teams?

Smooth Chill doesn't carry news (but does things like Rememberance Day, albeit in a very minimal form).

It could have been nothing but it's not a noise I've ever heard on there before - could be an engineer preparing something perhaps.

I'm sure in the fullness of time we'll hear raw output from IRN.
I sometimes hear those beeps on our community radio when someone's left the volume up on the news feed.

At risk of speculating it's possible that one or more radio station may have decided to urgently test their IRN feed to check it's working.  It wouldn't surprise me if a few stations revert to news feeds when the Queen eventually passes for at least a few hours.

Yes, I believe at one time the plan was that the IRN feed would produce news every 30 minutes and play chamber music between as a sustaining service for IRL stations who would be expected to suspend programming in the event of the Queen's death.

That was during the days when IRN was ITN-produced, however. No idea if that has been updated recently or at least following the award of the IRN contract to Sky News a few years ago.

If you tune in to SNR on your Sky Box you will hear the confidence tones described.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - ALV - 08-09-2022

Clive Myrie took over Huw Edwards at around 16:57, Huw is probably preparing the Six or a special programme in Studio B...

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - JAS84 - 08-09-2022

ITV News just went on air.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Josh - 08-09-2022

Clive Myrie just said on BBC News that the energy crisis is "insignificant" when compared to the Queen. Dear me.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - ALV - 08-09-2022

[Image: 3beabfc38e9c96bb6552747e645799ef-png.jpg]
BSL just returned on the NC at 1700 TOTH~