Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - qwerty123 - 08-09-2022

Nick Witchell is essentially telling people to expect it now, and the tone has suddenly shifted.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Transmission - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 02:13 PM)Renap Wrote:  Surprised they never used the new studio for this when they switched to Huw. As they could have changed the background for it.

If it doesn't exist now, they probably are going to deal with that theme soon.

They kept the Nine O'Clock News dark look when it came to Diana, should try and do something similar.

I was told by someone working that night that it wasn't an editorial decision to use that background, it was just that the scene-shifters weren't in that early so they had to keep the background panels up from the night before.

(08-09-2022, 05:49 PM)dvboy Wrote:  Masterchef is off because one of the tasks was platinum Jubilee related.

There was also a documentary about royal palaces tonight on BBC Four that has also been dropped.

Of course, this all goes beyond news programming, presenters and pundits on BT Sport's Europa League coverage this evening all in black, for example.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - frasergj - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 05:48 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  "Chris I apologise, I hate interrupting you, but I'm afraid we've got a dreadful…

…problem with the mic"

Bloody hell Huw!

Yes I jumped at this moment also!

I'm bracing myself for bad news here, extremely sombre mood. I've got Radio 2 on here and the music feels a bit slower than usual (slower tempo)...

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - WillPS - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 06:06 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Nick Witchell is essentially telling people to expect it now, and the tone has suddenly shifted.

Did it? I don't remember any suggestion this wasn't heading the way it's obviously heading.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - ALV - 08-09-2022

Regional News on BBC One is now rescheduled to 1900... they'll probably end coverage on BBC One by then~
[Image: 97906dff11ccef2d6337fa470a16239c.png]

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - steve - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 06:16 PM)ALV Wrote:  Regional News on BBC One is now rescheduled to 1900... they'll probably end coverage on BBC One by then~
[Image: 97906dff11ccef2d6337fa470a16239c.png]

I’m not sure they will…

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Kunst - 08-09-2022

Will they?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Parsons - 08-09-2022

I’m not so sure why they are doing the rolling coverage - having stuck with BBC1 it’s been waffle for a while.

I do think it would be better if they broke into normal programming when the time comes, rather than all this news about nothing.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Moz - 08-09-2022

I know some may disagree but I think Yalda Hakim’s tweet is a sacking matter. Not only was it deeply offensive, but it was hugely unprofessional a) for not checking the facts but also b) even if it had been true it’s not for her to announce it, it’s for the proper channels.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Kunst - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 06:23 PM)Parsons Wrote:  I’m not so sure why they are doing the rolling coverage - having stuck with BBC1 it’s been waffle for a while.

I do think it would be better if they broke into normal programming when the time comes, rather than all this news about nothing.
It's not for people who stay there all the time, but for people in general who pop up on the channel, even by chance.

It's clear it's a top news, and BBC One is the national channel par excellence