Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Andrew - 09-09-2022

GMB on air with Ben and Susanna - no opening titles were used

Charlie and Naga hosting Breakfast, a New Broadcasting House newsroom background has replaced the usual Breakfast one

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - ALV - 09-09-2022

[Image: 04af55dbc04666f9d86b25228524330f.jpg]
BBC Breakfast is in the red colors and the programme is referred as “BBC News” - notice the old unphotoshopped NBH newsroom backdrop

There is also the ticker and the lower thirds. I strongly suspect the ticker and graphics are generated from Salford rather than NBH because WN currently has the time bug and the BBC News logo, which I believe the Salford galleries does not have the capabilities of NBH galleries in routing separate TX lines to different channels…

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Newsroom - 09-09-2022

BREAKFAST has been rehearsed very well. Both Naga and Charlie are acknowledging the fact they have a global audience, it’s a very smooth programme so far.

No Breakfast music, generic BBC news stings in and out of the regions.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - EastCoast - 09-09-2022

CNN have weighed heavily on their London based talent for their coverage, especially in US prime time/overnights. So far it’s been:

8pm ET/1am BST: Anderson Copper live from New York
10pm ET/3am BST: Special Report/Taped Documentary by Max Foster
11pm ET/4am BST: Christiane Amanpour live from London studio
1am ET/6am BST: Becky Anderson live from Buckingham Palace.

Christiane also mentioned that Don Lemon was currently en route to London to anchor his show Friday.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - James Vertigan - 09-09-2022

Not sure how many other regions have done so, but on BBC Spotlight’s opts the clock and red of the BBC Spotlight Aston logo were changed to black.

RE: harshy - Stooky Bill - 09-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 10:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  [color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Well we heard about obituary rehearsals in studio E with the blinds down which I assumed would have happened for a passing of major important figure yet that didn’t happen with huw over a live newsroom backdrop which I thought would have been covered up based on what was said in the past regarding these rehearsals.[/font][/color]
The studio was covered up during rehearsals to stop people seeing into the studio and getting the wrong idea. The studio they use is totally isolated so no there's no mix ups

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - bilky asko - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 06:17 AM)ALV Wrote:  [Image: 04af55dbc04666f9d86b25228524330f.jpg]
BBC Breakfast is in the red colors and the programme is referred as “BBC News” - notice the old unphotoshopped NBH newsroom backdrop

There is also the ticker and the lower thirds. I strongly suspect the ticker and graphics are generated from Salford rather than NBH because WN currently has the time bug and the BBC News logo, which I believe the Salford galleries does not have the capabilities of NBH galleries in routing separate TX lines to different channels…

Watching BBC One at 5:59am, there was a slight jump at the changeover, and the clock changed size slightly, so I think your presumption is correct.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - LouBlu08 - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 01:25 AM)octothorpe Wrote:  Together TV had an In Memoriam emblem in the corner this evening. Saw it just before 10pm. I have attached a picture from 11:50pm, when I was able to capture it.

I've also attached pictures of how the front page of NOW TV looked this evening, on the set top-box or whatever it's called. As you can see, they had some initial difficulty altering the listing on Sky Showcase, as an image of the episode of The Simpsons originally scheduled was showing up.

Apologies for potato quality.

I ended up getting it in higher quality when I was recording a channel surfing video.
[Image: vlcsnap-2022-09-09-07h18m00s515.png?widt...height=580]
Here's Gemporia's slide as well.
[Image: vlcsnap-2022-09-09-07h18m32s348.png?widt...height=580]

RE: harshy - Steve in Pudsey - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 07:00 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 10:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  [color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Well we heard about obituary rehearsals in studio E with the blinds down which I assumed would have happened for a passing of major important figure yet that didn’t happen with huw over a live newsroom backdrop which I thought would have been covered up based on what was said in the past regarding these rehearsals.[/font][/color]
The studio was covered up during rehearsals to stop people seeing into the studio and getting the wrong idea. The studio they use is totally isolated so no there's no mix ups

I think harshy was talking about the blinds in the cafe area overlooking the newsroom?

But what was the deal with the curtain they used when Newsnight was camping out in E, it was hinted that it was for obit use, but was it really just for added privacy in rehearsals?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Josh - 09-09-2022

CBBC's Newsround has an extended bulletin but with the same graphics as normal, which feels a bit... brash (considering how soon the news was announced)? I'm aware the old graphics package had sombre titles: https://youtu.be/-Y1IIi7ATvg