Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Worzel - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 12:55 AM)Durrendurr Wrote:  Does anyone know who the commentator on the memorial service from St. Paul was? I thought it was odd that he never introduced himself and I can’t find any credit for it, nor was there a lower third, or an introduction by Ben Brown on NC.

Was it some sort of non-BBC World Feed? Seems unlikely…

Pretty sure the female commentator was Eleanor Oldroyd (who also commentated on Prince Philip's funeral). Not got a clue who the male was.

Equally surprised they weren't introduced.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Durrendurr - 10-09-2022

Can you tell I have insomnia?

Thought this site might appreciate this observation:

I occasionally watch the CBC’s flagship news programme The National. Incredibly, their freshly minted chief correspondent Adrienne Arsenault was anchoring that from Toronto last night and is already anchoring tonight’s show from Buckingham Palace (Canada Gate funnily enough..). I hope she slept ok the plane I find that some extraordinary logistics and dedication.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - m_in_m - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 12:55 AM)Durrendurr Wrote:  Does anyone know who the commentator on the memorial service from St. Paul was? I thought it was odd that he never introduced himself and I can’t find any credit for it, nor was there a lower third, or an introduction by Ben Brown on NC.

I think it was James Naughtie

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Pips2022 - 10-09-2022

Just to clear this up slightly, I’m told there were obviously inferences taken from the lunchtime statement and the fact that the entire family were heading to Balmoral. In the newsrooms of ITN and the BBC (not sure about Sky, but probably the same), it was thought there would be a death announcement at 1500, then it became ‘1700’; then it became ‘1800’. One assumes these times slipped because of the desire for it not to break before members of the family- then Harry- got to Balmoral.

Even as late as 1815, the feeling was it could be 2000 or even the next morning. Buckingham Palace has always said it wouldn’t announce stuff like this too late (just for the convenience of the press), but would hold over until 0800 the next day.

At some point we may be given an exact time of the death of HMTQ- it is after all, an historical detail- but it was clearly several hours before 1830. Even the best connected journalists in newsrooms wouldn’t have known 100% but would have read the signs. Those who tweeted prematurely probably did so after misreading those fake BBC accounts etc.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Stooky Bill - 10-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 11:39 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Still suprised how many people I've seen who are suprised the broadcasters have all these reports, obituaries and documentaries ready. They'll literally have had something in the event of the queen's death ready to go since 1952! Not to mention virtually every other major public figure. In fact they're doubtless preparing ones for Liz Truss already, as they aren't going to want to be caught unprepared if the serving prime minister dies suddenly.

Not only that but for these 10 days everything is pre planned and pre booked and pre arranged. 

Every event is part of the plan being rolled out by the government and the Palace so the 3 main TV broadcasters have been able to allocate resources for every bit of that. So everything from the announcement of the death to the funeral everything was ready to go. 

There's been a lot of planning going on, updated regularly and covering all scenarios. They get very complicated for the funeral, lots of cameras, going to lots of places. It's going to stretch the resources of the BBC in particular but because everything's pre-planned they know how many they need to have in the first place

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Coast2Coast - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 06:05 AM)Im_in_m Wrote:  

I think it was James Naughtie

I think you are right. One of the contributors early on referred to him as Jim.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - JamesWorldNews - 10-09-2022

James Naughtie (BBC Enterprises) and Royah Nikkah (The Times of London) were the two voices. James commentating and Royah contributing.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - BBI45 - 10-09-2022

As I mentioned earlier, I am hoping to upload coverage from a wide range of radio stations over the next few days. I am due to go to work shortly, but I have been able to upload the first station. I plan to upload more later, but here is the first station.

https://www.mixcloud.com/EwanGregoryExtendedAirchecks/death-of-hm-queen-elizabeth-ii-yorkmix-radio-0900-8922/ 

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Milkshake - 10-09-2022

ITV has sofa's within the news set, is this a first?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Newsroom - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 09:38 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  ITV has sofa's within the news set, is this a first?

Looks good. It has been used previously. I believe during the Election?