Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Andrew - 10-09-2022

Sophie Raworth in a bespoke set on BBC One

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - steve - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 09:46 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Sophie Raworth in a bespoke set on BBC One

Trying to work out if it’s a redressed One Show set. The screens look similar, but might be wrong!

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Damo1977 - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 09:46 AM)Andrew Wrote:  Sophie Raworth in a bespoke set on BBC One

Think that’s the One Show studio

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Superman1986 - 10-09-2022

Tom Bradby is calling the correspondents by their full title rather than their first name giving the circumstances

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Milkshake - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 09:43 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(10-09-2022, 09:38 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  ITV has sofa's within the news set, is this a first?

Looks good. It has been used previously. I believe during the Election?

I'm sure it was a desk and induvial chairs in that conner section for the election programmes?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - UTVLifer - 10-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 09:43 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(10-09-2022, 09:38 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  ITV has sofa's within the news set, is this a first?

Looks good. It has been used previously. I believe during the Election?

It's also the same set up that was used following Prince Philip's death last year, I remember the special with Julie Etchingham and Philip Schofield coming from that sofa corner, as well as other specials that weekend

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - ALV - 10-09-2022

The flipper on WN right now has a time bug with the time stuck at "00:00"
[Image: 650bbecb452e6cfb53756255e2d46da8-png.jpg]

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - aaron_scotland - 10-09-2022

I know its been planned for years but I have to say, the OB teams setting up all these buildings with cameras, lighting etc in such short notice are doing a fabulous job.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - TVViewer256 - 10-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 11:42 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I can't remember the scenario with Prince Philip but was that news also released by the Royal Family social media ahead of broadcast media?
Pretty much. Technically I believe broadcasters were informed at the same time as it was released on social media but obviously in practice the social media release would've got to people first.

However, I do seem to remember reading somewhere that media organisations (it may have been just the BBC but not sure) were warned the day before that Prince Philip's health was significantly declining.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - JamesWorldNews - 10-09-2022

Sophie needs Lemsip.

Agree with all of you. Although a well rehearsed process, the sheer speed with which it’s all been put into practice is phenomenal.

And, we often talk about “Obit rehearsals” on these boards, usually signified by the News Channel decamping for a weekend.

However, the sheer breadth and depth of the process - today’s events at Saint James’ Palace being just one of many huge ceremonial events that will occur - that have all been repeatedly rehearsed to some extent, really does point towards the brilliance and exceptional efforts of our tv news and broadcast colleagues.

It’s quite daunting to see it all being played out so rapidly.