Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - ginnyfan - 12-09-2022

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I was struck by Reeta Chakrabarty not following the dress code and wearing blue yesterday. 
So  far every other presenter and reporter I saw, has worn black.

[Image: 11-09-2022-3.jpg]

Speaking of rule breakers, any news on Yalda?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Andrew - 12-09-2022

Do I assume that BBC World News have stopped taking Breakfast and the network bulletins?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Worzel - 12-09-2022

Quite surprised we haven't seen Martine Croxall appear during the BBC News coverage?

Pretty sure every other news channel presenter has appeared either in the studio or reporting on location since Thursday.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - eyeTV - 12-09-2022

Piers Morgan said tonight he would be co-anchoring the funeral for Fox. I don't know if that means he won't be doing Talk TV coverage or if they are sharing him.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Jon - 12-09-2022

(12-09-2022, 11:26 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Piers Morgan said tonight he would be co-anchoring the funeral for Fox.  I don't know if that means he won't be doing Talk TV coverage or if they are sharing him.
No one’s going to be watching the funeral on Talk TV to be fair.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Steve in Pudsey - 13-09-2022

(12-09-2022, 11:12 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Quite surprised we haven't seen Martine Croxall appear during the BBC News coverage?

Pretty sure every other news channel presenter has appeared either in the studio or reporting on location since Thursday.

It's only recently that Martine has started to present national bulletins; perhaps the plans (and rehearsals) for who would do what were last revised before that so don't include her?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - ALV - 13-09-2022

(12-09-2022, 11:09 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Do I assume that BBC World News have stopped taking Breakfast and the network bulletins?

For Breakfast, yes, they've been doing their own bulletins during Breakfast hours (6-9AM); for network bulletins, WN took the 1, 6, 10 yesterday, but not in full as they opt-out the bulletins midway, so I guess no.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Worzel - 13-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 02:27 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  
(12-09-2022, 11:12 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Quite surprised we haven't seen Martine Croxall appear during the BBC News coverage?

It's only recently that Martine has started to present national bulletins; perhaps the plans (and rehearsals) for who would do what were last revised before that so don't include her?

But Anita McVeigh, Joanna Gosling, Rebecca Jones, Geeta Guru-Murthy and Shaun Ley (non network presenters) have all appeared either in the studio or reporting roles. Martine is the only news channel face who hasn't appeared. Just seemed a bit odd to me as she played a big part in the Duke of Edinburgh coverage.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - TBNews - 13-09-2022

ITV have confirmed that all their channels will take the funeral.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Chud - 13-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 09:05 AM)Worzel Wrote:  
(13-09-2022, 02:27 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  

But Anita McVeigh, Joanna Gosling, Rebecca Jones, Geeta Guru-Murthy and Shaun Ley (non network presenters) have all appeared either in the studio or reporting roles. Martine is the only news channel face who hasn't appeared. Just seemed a bit odd to me as she played a big part in the Duke of Edinburgh coverage.
She could be on holiday?