Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - James2001 - 16-09-2022

We should be able to see all 3 main US networks coverage here in the UK if we choose, as the streams of ABC, NBC and CBS's online news channels are all available in the UK, and of course Sky and Virgin actually have NBC's channel on their platforms.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - aaron_scotland - 16-09-2022

(16-09-2022, 08:38 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Interesting that Mishal was in the screen based NBH studio tonight rather than in the real Buckingham Palace studio

Maybe after the other night they’ve realised that the latter doesn’t work after dark with the reflections on the curved window looking like the hall of mirrors

I wonder what studio set up ITV will be using on Monday, sofas in the ITV News studio and a stand up position at an appropriate location, or will they have an actual outdoor studio?

ITV have an actual outdoor studio in Windsor castle overlooking St George's Chapel

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Newsroom - 17-09-2022

Interesting to see Katty Kay will be co-anchoring a special edition of Morning Joe live from London on Monday. Morning. I wonder if she'll usher off to BBC duties following her MSNBC stint.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - James2001 - 17-09-2022

I presume BBC Parliament will be showing the funeral, though their schedule on the BBC website is just showing repeats of various proceedings from this week that obviously never happened- so they definitely won't be showing that.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Steve in Pudsey - 17-09-2022

(16-09-2022, 11:07 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  I’m wondering if this BBC News special in Cardiff and hosted by Nick Servini is coming from London and are they using the same studio used by Huw, Mishal, Sophie... or have they erected the same design somewhere in Cardiff?

It's a pretty simple set, presumably kept quite small so that it can be built inside an existing standing set or whatever happens to be available without striking the existing set?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Andrew - 17-09-2022

Are you suggesting that when it was used in NI and Wales, they weren’t actually all in the same set in London?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Newsroom - 17-09-2022

(17-09-2022, 12:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Are you suggesting that when it was used in NI and Wales, they weren’t actually all in the same set in London?

I am very confused myself. The set is identical looking at these three grabs. Surely the talent would get to London rather than flying a set around, fresh flowers in tow.

[Image: Nick.png]

[Image: ireland.png]

[Image: Sophie%20.png]

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - qwerty123 - 17-09-2022

(17-09-2022, 08:57 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Interesting to see Katty Kay will be co-anchoring a special edition of Morning Joe live from London on Monday. Morning. I wonder if she'll usher off to BBC duties following her MSNBC stint.

Whether or not she is doing anything for the funeral she is currently at Westminster doing the reporting from the queue for the BBC.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Steve in Pudsey - 17-09-2022

(17-09-2022, 12:51 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(17-09-2022, 12:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Are you suggesting that when it was used in NI and Wales, they weren’t actually all in the same set in London?

I am very confused myself. The set is identical looking at these three grabs. Surely the talent would get to London rather than flying a set around, fresh flowers in tow.

That's what I was assuming until you confidently stated

(16-09-2022, 07:25 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  BBC Studios are behind these productions and have produced more or less identical sets for such occasions. Exceptional continuity.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Omnipresent - 17-09-2022

Looking at Australian TV listings, ABC, SBS, 7 and 9 Network all carry the funeral of Queen Elizabeth.

7 & 9 start coverage at midday local time. ABC starts at 4pm. SBS starts at 7.30pm.