Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Newsroom - 19-09-2022

No surprise that BBC World News are again taking Breakfast this morning with Sally and John at Westminster.

GMB got underway with Susanna and Ben also at Westminster.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - neonemesis - 19-09-2022

(17-09-2022, 12:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Are you suggesting that when it was used in NI and Wales, they weren’t actually all in the same set in London?

Newsroom Wrote:I am very confused myself. The set is identical looking at these three grabs. Surely the talent would get to London rather than flying a set around, fresh flowers in tow.

[Image: Nick.png]

[Image: ireland.png]

[Image: Sophie%20.png]

Sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone have confirmation as to whether this was a set replicated across the regions, or one in London?

It's not just the set, but the lighting and camera work were all identical too....

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies - Stuart - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 12:43 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  So, are ITV just reporting all channels towards the same feed - instead of actually simulcasting?

Because all but ITV aren’t available to stream online now
According to the Sky EPG, ITV2/3/4/CITV are simulcasting ITV throughout the day until midnight. 

Why not just close the others down, or just display a message 'Programmes resume on Tuesday'?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - Newsroom - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 07:12 AM)neonemesis Wrote:  
(17-09-2022, 12:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Are you suggesting that when it was used in NI and Wales, they weren’t actually all in the same set in London?

Newsroom Wrote:I am very confused myself. The set is identical looking at these three grabs. Surely the talent would get to London rather than flying a set around, fresh flowers in tow.

[Image: Nick.png]

[Image: ireland.png]

[Image: Sophie%20.png]

Sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone have confirmation as to whether this was a set replicated across the regions, or one in London?

It's not just the set, but the lighting and camera work were all identical too....
After my previous claim that it was three studios deployed, it actually makes no sense. It makes more sense for the talent and pres to come to NBH to do it. But not definitive at all.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - bakamann - 19-09-2022

ABC Australia, the overseas channel of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, is simulcasting BBC's coverage of the State Funeral right now.

Since they are simulcasting the coverage from the BBC, I guess they decided to turn-off their YouTube live stream until the end of the broadcast.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Newsroom - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 08:18 AM)bakamann Wrote:  ABC Australia, the overseas channel of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, is simulcasting BBC's coverage of the State Funeral right now.

Since they are simulcasting the coverage from the BBC, I guess they decided to turn-off their YouTube live stream until the end of the broadcast.

And it should be pointed out that there is no DOG and actually no DOG on World either, nor BBC One, only the player stream.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Dies - thegeek - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 07:12 AM)neonemesis Wrote:  It's not just the set, but the lighting and camera work were all identical too....

This was one set in London. I don't know for sure which studio it was, but I was briefly involved in the planning process for this series of programmes and know that the intention was to bring regional talent to London.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - news junkie - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 06:06 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  No surprise that BBC World News are again taking Breakfast this morning with Sally and John at Westminster.

GMB got underway with Susanna and Ben also at Westminster.

GMB also broadcasting on every ITV channel too

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Gibsy - 19-09-2022

No ‘LIVE’ DOG on Sky News

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - fusionlad - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 09:05 AM)Gibsy Wrote:  No ‘LIVE’ DOG on Sky News

And a static ticker directing people to the app and website.

Pretty sure that will be taken off all together for the service, like they did last night for the 1 minute silence.