Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - JayCasey - 19-09-2022

At the end of every hour on the BBC News Channel, they are showing a montage of the day over sombre music. Does anyone know if this montage has surfaced online? I've checked the BBC News website and also YouTube, but no luck so far.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Steve in Pudsey - 19-09-2022

There was a tweet from Erron Gordon showing the Talk TV gallery which looked to suggest that they were taking coverage via Reuters.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Stooky Bill - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 05:57 PM)DJCC7 Wrote:  2) The BBC had a lying-in-state feed running 24/7 - would they have had human camera operators or fixed cameras? It seemed there was a lot of zooming in and out and switching of cameras - would there have been directors working around the clock? Sounds like quite a big operation!
I am pretty sure they will have been the same sort of camera used in Parliament - remote controlled.

It was directed by an OB during the day and by someone at the BBC overnight (when I think the cameras were fixed) . The output was delayed, which is why the incident where someone walked towards the coffin wasn't seen (although when one of the guards fainted on day 1 it was seen). If you saw the roof of the hall it was a planned break in coverage, if you saw the shot of London it was unplanned

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Neil Jones - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 08:28 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(19-09-2022, 05:57 PM)DJCC7 Wrote:  2) The BBC had a lying-in-state feed running 24/7 - would they have had human camera operators or fixed cameras? It seemed there was a lot of zooming in and out and switching of cameras - would there have been directors working around the clock? Sounds like quite a big operation!
I am pretty sure they will have been the same sort of camera used in Parliament - remote controlled.

It was directed by an OB during the day and by someone at the BBC overnight (when I think the cameras were fixed) . The output was delayed, which is why the incident where someone walked towards the coffin wasn't seen (although when one of the guards fainted on day 1 it was seen)

Having rewound the live feed on YouTube when it was being "broadcast" to see some of the overnight for some reason (maybe I was bored), I can tell you it was pretty much the same as the daytime - so lots of arty shots (focusing on the cross, zooming on some random member of the public, panning, wide shots etc) and then following the changing of the guard (I know it's not the same thing as they do at Buckingham Palace but it's the closest equivalent) every 20 minutes or so.

But yes the only difference between the overnight and the daytime was that the windows were dark and the effect of artificial light at night-time Wink

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Frances - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 06:06 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  
(19-09-2022, 05:22 PM)Josh Wrote:  I can't be the only one that thought the continuity announcement into the News at 5 was a bit too... jovial?

Didn't really capture the tone of the day at all and felt far too upbeat. To be kind, it may have been an attempt to bring back a sense of normality. But, it was off the back of Kirsty's closing remarks (which was absolutely fantastic) and montage which meant it could have done with something a little more low key. We're all human though and it must have been difficult to judge the delivery off the back of hours of sombre coverage.

I also noticed the extended BBC News titles contained the old BBC logo. Not a major thing of course but considering everything else had been so polished it was a little surprising.

I guess that intro with the Gill Sans logo was from the same package as they aired on the day of Prince Philip’s death.
Also that Subtitles tag on the obit ident.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - watchingtv - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 08:23 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  At the end of every hour on the BBC News Channel, they are showing a montage of the day over sombre music. Does anyone know if this montage has surfaced online? I've checked the BBC News website and also YouTube, but no luck so far.

Sky News did all weekend at the end of every hour from what I saw.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - ginnyfan - 19-09-2022

No countdown on World before News at 10 tonight, just a live shot of NBH with Queen's image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo9RGLs8rEA 

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Superman1986 - 19-09-2022

ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and ITVBE are showing ITV News At Ten, the regional news is ITV News London

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Critique - 19-09-2022

Has Philip Schofield popped up in ITV's coverage at all? He's been a part of most royal events on ITV for at least a decade now, including the Royal Weddings, Diamond Jubilee and part of the coverage of Prince Philip's death (which even saw him present from a soft set in the ITV News studio).

I've seen that same soft set pop up in coverage this time around but haven't seen anything of him (beyond that photo at Westminster Hall that's been doing the rounds) - presumably for Prince Philip's death the programme he appeared in would have been planned for some time, and as that same set reappeared with a similar type of programme one would assume that he would feature?

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Ash101 - 19-09-2022

(19-09-2022, 10:55 PM)Critique Wrote:  Has Philip Schofield popped up in ITV's coverage at all? He's been a part of most royal events on ITV for at least a decade now, including the Royal Weddings, Diamond Jubilee and part of the coverage of Prince Philip's death (which even saw him present from a soft set in the ITV News studio).

I've seen that same soft set pop up in coverage this time around but haven't seen anything of him (beyond that photo at Westminster Hall that's been doing the rounds) - presumably for Prince Philip's death the programme he appeared in would have been planned for some time, and as that same set reappeared with a similar type of programme one would assume that he would feature?

I had been thinking the same today...

With The Duke's death being announced just after Midday, didn't Julie & Phillip host a show from around 7pm? Obviously timings were a bit later for The Queen, and I guess with there being so many events in the days that follow - it didn't feel appropriate to bring him out? Or maybe they felt his efforts with This Morning broadcasts focusing on The Queen were enough.

I seem to remember he hadn't been on TM the week he appeared on the ITV News show too?