Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Newsroom - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 03:45 PM)Parsons Wrote:  That’s quite interesting, that tweet. I’d heard independently from another source she might have died already. Hmm.

I feel very bad for Yalda Hakim. The last time something like this happened the BBC journalist suffered disciplinary action. 

She is an incredible journalist and I sincerely hope her future is secure.

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Steve in Pudsey - 08-09-2022

It seems unthinkable that this could turn out to be a false alarm doesn't it? How would they wrap up the open ended coverage?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - James2001 - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 03:45 PM)Parsons Wrote:  That’s quite interesting, that tweet. I’d heard independently from another source she might have died already. Hmm.

Possibly she has, but if it's under embargo they won't be allowed to report it.

Somebody in Twitter speculating that she intended to click Save Draft rather than tweet immediately

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - TIGHazard - 08-09-2022

I was listening to my local Greatest Hits station (Teesside) and there was a long beeping sound every 30 seconds or so over the adverts. Is that the ILR alert or something similar?

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Jon - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 03:54 PM)James2001 Wrote:  

Possibly she has, but if it's under embargo they won't be allowed to report it.
Would other broadcasters internationally be running with it though, can’t see them being that worried embargos. 

I think it’s pretty clear she’s either already passed or on the brink however. If it’s the latter though she could hold on for a few days.

(08-09-2022, 04:04 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  I was listening to my local Greatest Hits station (Teesside) and there was a long beeping sound every 30 seconds or so over the adverts. Is that the ILR alert or something similar?

I think there are confidence tones on the IRN feed, it could have been faded up in error

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Newsroom - 08-09-2022

CNN are in full Breaking News mode with Anderson Cooper and Max Foster and they are for the first time using a new on screen 'Breaking News' graphic where the programme name is usually placed.

[Image: IMG_4657.jpg]

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - Stooky Bill - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:04 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  I was listening to my local Greatest Hits station (Teesside) and there was a long beeping sound every 30 seconds or so over the adverts. Is that the ILR alert or something similar?

It's the tone IRN put out between bulletins so stations know the line is still working

RE: Queen Elizabeth Health - JasonB - 08-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 04:07 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  

I think there are confidence tones on the IRN feed, it could have been faded up in error

Sounds like someone left the news fader up. The hospital radio station i volunteer at also carries IRN and this sounds like their tone when nothing is on the feed.