Pres Café
HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage (/showthread.php?tid=148)

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - James2001 - 20-09-2022

(20-09-2022, 06:23 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Picking up on that Telegraph article - if I was going to have one criticism of the coverage it was the fact that the BBC didn’t seem to show the hearse travelling from London to Windsor in full, they kept cutting to studio interviews. ITV stayed with the journey, doing interviews either out of vision or multi screen

I'm not sure it's that much of a critisism really, that part wasn't really that interesting, and it was on the red button for people who really did want to watch it,

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - XIII - 21-09-2022

I'm surprised anyone wanted to watch that bit, I left to go make lunch as a slow car journey is not interesting to watch. It was the same when they were showing Liz Truss' journey from Northolt to Downing Street.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Stooky Bill - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 02:04 PM)XIII Wrote:  I'm surprised anyone wanted to watch that bit, I left to go make lunch as a slow car journey is not interesting to watch. It was the same when they were showing Liz Truss' journey from Northolt to Downing Street.

I watched the same journey the other week when King Charles landed there, but mainly so I could go 'oh look there's Hoover Building Tescos' etc  Smile

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - James2001 - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 02:04 PM)XIII Wrote:  I'm surprised anyone wanted to watch that bit, I left to go make lunch as a slow car journey is not interesting to watch. It was the same when they were showing Liz Truss' journey from Northolt to Downing Street.

I used it as an excuse to watch that day's Drama Channel EastEnders that I'd recorded.

And, almost certainly related, Drama actually skipped an episode that day (even though it was scheduled)- which was an extended episode which featured Steve Owen's mum's death. Presumably they considered it inappropriate because she had pictures of the queen all over her wall, or maybe because they decided they didn't want to show an episode with a death. Seems to be silly reasons to skip it, though they did at least put it on UKTV Play.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - eyeTV - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 02:28 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  

I watched the same journey the other week when King Charles landed there, but mainly so I could go 'oh look there's Hoover Building Tescos' etc  Smile

For me that's one of the most interesting bits. The Queen's arrival from Scotland across London was the most interesting watch of the fortnight for me. I must be sad.  Big Grin

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Ben Shatliff - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 03:00 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  
(21-09-2022, 02:28 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  

For me that's one of the most interesting bits. The Queen's arrival from Scotland across London was the most interesting watch of the fortnight for me. I must be sad.  Big Grin
You are not sad at all. 

All these parts are very interesting and part of history too. 

The number of people stood waiting on those routes is testament to the love we all felt for our late departed Queen

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Stooky Bill - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 05:43 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  You are not sad at all. 

All these parts are very interesting and part of history too. 

The number of people stood waiting on those routes is testament to the love we all felt for our late departed Queen
Not really, I was just interested to see Perivale Tesco and the war plane on the Vanguard building  Smile Smile

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - London Lite - 21-09-2022

I also watched coverage on ITV throughout.   I liked how they just left the coverage of the journey to Windsor on with very little commentary.

ITV News have excelled with their coverage of the death of HM.

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Pips2022 - 21-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 02:36 PM)James2001 Wrote:  

I used it as an excuse to watch that day's Drama Channel EastEnders that I'd recorded.

And, almost certainly related, Drama actually skipped an episode that day (even though it was scheduled)- which was an extended episode which featured Steve Owen's mum's death. Presumably they considered it inappropriate because she had pictures of the queen all over her wall, or maybe because they decided they didn't want to show an episode with a death. Seems to be silly reasons to skip it, though they did at least put it on UKTV Play.

Maybe they just decided it’s super weird. Is it her death episode where she gives Steve a rather passionate kiss?

RE: HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage - Ben Shatliff - 22-09-2022

(21-09-2022, 11:22 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I also watched coverage on ITV throughout.   I liked how they just left the coverage of the journey to Windsor on with very little commentary.

ITV News have excelled with their coverage of the death of HM.

I agree. 

We watched ITV throughout the two weeks as we watch ITV anyway. 

They were excellent and very tactful with full empathy. Last week in the Tuesday there was a lady In the studio who was very emotional. I believe her husband had passed away with Covid and Nina asked if she was ok. 

On Monday as you say they kept quiet and very good respect.